DFW-Family get together with Ken Fitzgerald

Jim O'Dell

Ken is going to be in Arlington, TX for 2 weeks this month. He has set aside Sat 6/21 or Sun 6/22 for a get together and meal. Ken says breakfast or lunch is fine with him. (This is also posted on SMC.) I hope we can get a good group together and show Ken some good Tejas hospitality. Post back here if you can come, or PM me. Also, if you have any good ideas for a place to eat, especially one that might be slightly unique, post those ideas as well. I don't know Arlington eateries as well as Fort Worth's. Hope to have you join in the fun! Jim.

Ned, to know about Razoos, you must have been here before!! I work across the street from a place called Boo Rays that is owned by the guy that started Razoos. I haven't eaten there yet, buit it sure smells good when the wind is out of the north!! Jim.

Sure 'nuff. I've got cousins who lived in FW, and they took me out there once. Deep fried pickle slices, who'da thunk it? I'm an old road warrior, there are very few places in the USA I've not at least been near once or twice: ND, SD, AK, HI are the only states I've not visited. The rest I've spent at least a couple of nights in, if not months at a time.

Last time I was in Tejas, I was down in Houstopolis photographing at a country club on the Northeast side of town, Walden CC near Kingwood. Nice enough place, spent about 4 months there. Before that was when I was shooting fraternity and sorority photos and that took me to such places as Kilgore to visit the rangerettes, Brownsville, Austin, College Station etc...

Too early in time to prepare the trip and visa I'm sorry to say, but I'd love to come over there.

BTW. Any fellow woodworker near San Francisco or the Mendocino area? I'm toying with the idea of taking a week there and maybe stop by and pay a visit to the College of Redwoods.

I hadn't checked in for the last few days (been swamped at work). Let me know when the planned time and place. I do have some things planned on that weekend, but I may be able to make some adjustments to be there.

Sorry Nancy. It seemed that most of the interest were from Creekers, although several of us, like Mike above, post on both sites. Here is the picture I took of everyone but me.DSCN1985-1.jpg
l-r Mike Forsman, Bill Huber, Ken Fitzgerald, and Martin Shupe. We had a great time. Bill did his Rockler shopping before lunch, the rest of us went afterwards. One of the salesmen kept asking if he should have had a bowl of peanuts and some drinks out for us. :rofl: We must have stayed there over an hour shopping and standing in the aisles talking.
It was a good meal, and great fellowship. This is my second get together, and I hope there are more to come. I had a great time! Jim.

It was a really good time. We sat in SpringCreek BBQ for 2 hours batting the breeze. Then on to Rockler. I bought a tenoning jig for my tablesaw and had it shipped home. I hope it fits.Vaughn measured his miter groove for me (we have the same Ridgid saw). I have heard of one instance where the distance from the blade to jig was too great and the jig wouldn't work. I should know this weekend.

Martin Shupe and Bill Huber shook hands for the first time and found out they both work for Fedex. Martin's a pilot and Bill's an IT guru.

It was a really neat time.

Larry......when you show up in Lewiston, ID I'll buy a couple of rounds.