Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so embarrassed.

I'm so embarrassed.

My son and his family, and the family of his wife, eleven folks total, just returned from two weeks in Scotland trying to track some of their Irish/Scottish roots. Son, Evan, took about 1000 photos and posted half of them. Here is one of him wearing a kilt. Those shoes and the T shirt don't exactly compliment the outfit. And, he is more Italian than anything. What have I wrought?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Evan in kilt.jpg  

It's okay Frank, seems the kilt is worn by rednecks as well.

....and have a look at those shoes.
    A very wise man once said.......
    "I'll take my chances with Misseurs Smith and Wesson. "

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    My son and his family, and the family of his wife, eleven folks total, just returned from two weeks in Scotland trying to track some of their Irish/Scottish roots. Son, Evan, took about 1000 photos and posted half of them. Here is one of him wearing a kilt. Those shoes and the T shirt don't exactly compliment the outfit. And, he is more Italian than anything. What have I wrought?
    Cheer up Frank. He may not be Mel Gibson, but it could be worse. Though I'm guessing the folk in Michigan might be more, uh, open to different dress than those in the Ozarks.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

well there's an atta boy

frank is that tartan the family color or just something that was avaible for picture takin? the tartan that i had on was my familys colors.. the design and color represents the clan they are from,, and as for the shoes guys the ones i had on did qualify. so there and rennie we up north folk can wear what we please as long as were covered its them southerners that have the reputation of goin barefoot... not us yanks
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

The few times I've seen guys here in LA wearing kilts, they were not plaid, but solid color. And they guys wearing them were big and burly enough that I don't suspect anyone gave them a hard time about it.

These guys make kilts as utility clothing:

http://www.utilikilts.com/
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

if he put on a matching shirt instead of the tee, hed blend into the wall covering.

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    frank is that tartan the family color or just something that was avaible for picture takin? the tartan that i had on was my familys colors.. the design and color represents the clan they are from,, and as for the shoes guys the ones i had on did qualify. so there and rennie we up north folk can wear what we please as long as were covered its them southerners that have the reputation of goin barefoot... not us yanks
    I don't know but will ask. His wife's and in-laws family name is McAlister.

Hey Larry!.

Were you trying to pry open that bottle with your teeth? Is that some sort of scotish game like caber throwing?
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    I asked son, Evan, and, yes, that is the tartan of clan McAlister. They were at some kind of event or reunion for McAlisters. He was the only American present that would put on a kilt. And, he was the only one present that wasn't a McAlister. I think I will have to make him a sgian dubh to go with it.

BTW, Larry, I can't see yer sgian dubh.