Midwest Rains & Northeast Heat...

Ned Bulken

Everyone OK?

I'm heading in to work 2 hours early to beat the worst of the heat today, I figure I'll shoot as much as I can before it gets too sweltering out there, then hole up in my semi-cool motel room. 12 hours of AC running and it is 'cool' but not arctic in here. bleah.

Raining here.....again. I posted to Karls thread about how we got dumped on here. 5 inches or rain Friday night/saturday morning.

Hope the rain stops, I got shingles delivered yesterday for a barn I'm building and I hope to get the roof on by tonight or at the latest tomorrow.....depending on the rains of course.

Keep Hydrated, Ned! And all you other guys working outside!

I'm learning about long distance biking, since I'm going on a trip this summer, and two important things I've picked up about water as I train more and more.

1- Drink regularly. If you're thirsty, it's already too late, as you're dehydrating. Drink BEFORE you get thirsty.
2- Drink a LOT.

I have a sister who lives in a town SSW of Chicago about 100 miles. One of those 5 twisters struck just north of the little farming community where they live.

Larry and his brother Darryl...this is where we tried to get together last year.

Here...cloudy.....dreary....supposed to get up to 60º F today.

Raining here.....again. I posted to Karls thread about how we got dumped on here. 5 inches or rain Friday night/saturday morning.

Hope the rain stops, I got shingles delivered yesterday for a barn I'm building and I hope to get the roof on by tonight or at the latest tomorrow.....depending on the rains of course.

ROof? oh wait, that's an old joke now. :rofl::rofl:

Keep Hydrated, Ned! And all you other guys working outside!

I'm learning about long distance biking, since I'm going on a trip this summer, and two important things I've picked up about water as I train more and more.

1- Drink regularly. If you're thirsty, it's already too late, as you're dehydrating. Drink BEFORE you get thirsty.
2- Drink a LOT.

I always keep a case of bottle water in the car, I'm down to about 5 bottles right now, so one of my chores today is to find a wally world and restock.
Also I slather on the sunblock too, but I noticed this morning I have one heckuva farmer's tan working... v neck and everything since I wear polo shirts for work.

I do my share to support Anheuser-Busch.......:rofl:

um, steve, barley pops only make matters worse dontchaknow?

Hey Art...could you send some of that Canadian air a little north please?

It snowed 40 miles from here last night and we are supposed get to 53º F today.:huh:

It's June 10th for goodness sakes!:dunno:

Here in central IA sandbags are a hot item...record lake and river levels are all over as well as major flooding with more heavy rains predicted for wed night into thurs.

Hope all is well with the rest of the Family!

after suffering a 30 minute leg cramp monday morning at 3:30 am, I can agree that drinking enough water is number one priority. Besides, if you start suffering from too much heat, you become very careless, and that is a poor combination with power tools.

Sounds like the big thunderstorms are rolling through to the NE today. Hopefully this will take out the heat and humidity here and give the mid-westerners a break from flooding.

Hope everyone stays safe and healthy, whether they're dealing with too much or not enough water!

Hey Art...could you send some of that Canadian air a little north please?

It snowed 40 miles from here last night and we are supposed get to 53º F today.:huh:

Hmm, I live at 43 degrees north latitude, and you're at 46 degrees north. :huh:
So who's north of whom? :rolleyes:

Still 53F/11c is pretty cool! Our humidity broke a bit with last night's rain, and our high today is only going to be 22c/72F which isn't too bad. Still rain in the forecast though...

um, steve, barley pops only make matters worse dontchaknow?

Beer = Diuretic = bad for dehydration. (ditto tea + coffee + coke :( )

Hmm, I live at 43 degrees north latitude, and you're at 46 degrees north. :huh:
So who's north of whom? :rolleyes:

Still 53F/11c is pretty cool! Our humidity broke a bit with last night's rain, and our high today is only going to be 22c/72F which isn't too bad. Still rain in the forecast though...

Art your use of F and C units remind me of a funny story. Back in late high school / early college (I started with local Community College) I used to listen to a lot of TO radio, growing up right between Buffalo and Rochester, NY. One day in the middle of summer I was driving around with a girl and the radio station gave a weather report saying it was going to get up to 22. My date looked at me and asked if it was really gonna get that cold. Being the jerk that I am, I said, "Sure, don't you already have the winter coat out of the closet? A big summer blizzard is coming though."

For some reason things didn't progress very far past the odd casual date with that girl... :dunno:

I tried me a couple of them dietics, First one was the Dr.Atkins, then I tried the South Beach one. Lost about 30 lbs when I tried em, course when I did the Anheuser-Busch dietic it kinda offset my losses....think it re-hydrated me or sumpin.:huh:

....course when I did the Anheuser-Busch dietic...

I was going to try the "High Life" dietic for dinner tonight, but I will be helping my BIL empty out his store's warehouse as the dam up river is going to go over it's spillway later today...2 more feet of water in the next 12hrs. expected to come down the river into downtown Des Moines...and heavy rains predicted for tomorrow night here and upstream! :eek:

I sure hope the improved levees, after floods of '93, will hold up! If not....anyone got a good deal on a boat?

I flew over Indiana and Illinois this afternoon. It is unbelievable how much water is on the ground. As you looked out towards the horizon you could see 1000's of what looked like puddles from that high up.