From the humblest of beginnings - FINISHED!!

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
The LOML and I needed something, bad. After all, we are getting up in years a bit and it can be difficult getting by without it. So, I decided to make one.

From these humble beginnings, a few scrap cut offs of plywood from another project DSC_2388.jpg DSC_2389.jpg

I was able to cobble together this simple box. DSC_2390.jpg DSC_2391.jpg
Simple, true. But called to perform the noblest of functions. It is what we needed and we shall make good use of it in the coming years. In fact, we will soon wonder how we ever got along without it.

Anyone care to guess?:dunno:

Last edited:
A first aid box that can be carried around, used to step on it to reach high places, or to sit on it when you're tired, or to draw or write on it, eat your lunch, leave your tools, with the assurance that if anything wrong happens you won't need to rush to the bathroom because you'll have it right there with all the disinfectants, alcohol, pills, band aids, defibrilator, iron lung, so that you'll be "SAFE"?:rofl::rofl:

I think I overcome both of you Vaughn and Ken:D

No, no no. It's for the back patio, where they're going to store the SuperSoaker guns for when the "Addams" are peeking through the fence...

No, hold your applause, don't embarrass me. :p

...art

ps: 2nd guess was a box for holding the remote controls in the LR

Well, I guess that really............

un-depends.jpg
S on what you need it for........ :eek: :D :rofl::rofl:

All kidding aside, looks like that box could have a LOT of uses.... :dunno:

A TP cabinet for the bathroom. What'd I win? :p
Nope, nothing:(

Someplace to store you false teeth at night when guests are staying with you? I won Vaughn!:rofl::rofl:
Nope - already have a box for that. :D

A first aid box that can be carried around, used to step on it to reach high places, or to sit on it when you're tired, or to draw or write on it, eat your lunch, leave your tools, with the assurance that if anything wrong happens you won't need to rush to the bathroom because you'll have it right there with all the disinfectants, alcohol, pills, band aids, defibrilator, iron lung, so that you'll be "SAFE"?:rofl::rofl: I think I overcome both of you Vaughn and Ken:D
Nope, nope, nope, nope. Sorry.:eek:

No, no no. It's for the back patio, where they're going to store the SuperSoaker guns for when the "Addams" are peeking through the fence...No, hold your applause, don't embarrass me. :p ...art ps: 2nd guess was a box for holding the remote controls in the LR
Good idea, but I would have used PT plywood.:thumb::D

Well, I guess that really............

un-depends.jpg
S on what you need it for........ :eek: :D :rofl::rofl:

All kidding aside, looks like that box could have a LOT of uses.... :dunno:
Funny:rofl:, but no cigar:rofl:

somewhere to keep all your medications in one spot.
ooooo. Sorry. Not big enough for that. :rofl:

I was curious about the "getting up in years" comment. So, I went to your public profile and found you posted your year of birth.
All I can say is, "Hi kid." :D
True. I don't yet qualify for Soc Sec payments, but I could get discounted coffee at Micky D's, if I drank coffee. Never-the-less, my body continues to surprize me with the things I used to be able to do but can no longer accomplish without discomfort, pain, or a short trip to the ER.:rofl:

Let's see... you're making fun of us, so I'm going to make fun right back. :poke:

I see nail holes where there shouldn't be any. (left side arrows) :eek:
And glue marks where there shouldn't be any. (right side arrow) :doh:
rennie.jpg

So I think it's quite likely going to be a box to remind you, since the memory is the first to go, of what not to do. :wave:

...art

Let's see... you're making fun of us, so I'm going to make fun right back. :poke:

I see nail holes where there shouldn't be any. (left side arrows) :eek:
And glue marks where there shouldn't be any. (right side arrow) :doh:
View attachment 21353

So I think it's quite likely going to be a box to remind you, since the memory is the first to go, of what not to do. :wave:

...art
You are most perceptive. Yes on two counts - not-so-much on the third. In my haste I assembled the drawer incorrectly the first time, realized my error immediately, disassembled it, and put it together the right way. Since we're not talking fine furniture here I made no attempt to cover it up - knowing that some sharp eyed forum member might pick up on it.:thumb:

I'll fill in the holes and sand over the entire box on Friday. Have not yet decided on paint or clear finish.

Oh, and BTW, just having fun - not making fun. :D

Or perhaps the pics don't show the nylon straps that allow you to wear it on your chest.

Then it would be your Drawer of Chests. :p