From the humblest of beginnings - FINISHED!!

dont ya think it'd be better for you and your lady if you just put indoor plumbing in already?:rofl:
Well, at home we've had it for months - but those fire towers! There's just something about getting up at 2 AM, climbing down 2 flights of stairs, and trekking across a couple hundred feet of sage brush that just doesn't hold any romance for me.:rofl::rofl:

The borg collective mind at work

A TP cabinet for the bathroom.:p

A first aid box that can be carried around, used to step on it to reach high places, or to sit on it when you're tired.... with the assurance that if anything wrong happens you won't need to rush to the bathroom because you'll have it right there with all the disinfectants, :rofl::rofl:

Well, I guess that really............

un-depends.jpg
S on what you need it for........ :eek: :D :rofl::rofl:

All kidding aside, looks like that box could have a LOT of uses.... :dunno:

Storage for the bedpan?

I have a nib 1930's vintage bedpan if needed when the time comes. Just let me know.

Ill tell ya what it does remind me of.
Many moons ago I had a guy build me a cash register stand to lift the register about 6 inches off the counter and he built a similar box with a drawer. It actually looks very similar, although a bit smaller than the one I had built. He took the extra time to cut the walls and top/bottom mitred at 45 degrees so he didnt have to put any edge moulding on top to hide the ends of the boards.

As is, it does look a bit rough to go in the house. I also wondered if it was a storage box to go under the seat in the van/truck - to hold a kleenex box and/or other doodads.

But that trim around the edge of the top wouldn't make any sense in that case. It looks like it is meant to restrain/contain something. Which is why I also thought it was maybe a box to go under the phone for the phone book. But then we're bumping up against my first sentence again.

toni, you dont know rennie well enouff yet:D he doesnt do anything with out devin intervention:) which in most cases is good thing. so he wouldnt be out here deciveing us heathins:) he has a simple use for this major cabinet he has made and its something we will all need as we get older like him.. remeber he about to embark on a trip to the high hills of idaho and could be used for the journey.

It's a booster seat! :D (Eventually I will actually need one of those, I suspect.)
Just grab the box and go. ... never know when an emergency situation would arise. ;)

looks like a pool side cabinet or its headed for the library alias restroom. the ridge on top must to keep the mourng coffee from sliping of the side.

All right, another try if I may.

Some sort of secret safe box?

Like I said - if you put them all together.....:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, I'm glad that I was close to it, however you could improve the design by incorporating casters so you could move aroud the room while at bowels work.:rofl::rofl:

Well, I'm glad that I was close to it, however you could improve the design by incorporating casters so you could move around the room while at bowels work.:rofl::rofl:
That would be disastrous!!!:eek: We only use it should we need to get up in the middle of the night and not want to put on a coat, get the flashlight, go down the stairs, and schlep a few hundred feet to the outhouse. At 2 AM I'm not usually at my most graceful. Can you imagine me trying to.... when its moving...... :eek::eek::eek::rofl::rofl::rofl:

so did you go around to each bathroom you visited and measure the seat height from the floor, or did you just do the "hands" on, cough, cough, approach and just take a seat and say, yeah, this is perfect.
I hope at 2:30 am you remember to put the portapotty on the base before you use it.:rofl:

rennie, sometimes when Im looking for a certain product online, I go onto these sites and they have the strangest yet useful things Ive ever seen.
Maybe there is a market for this.

Get a good name going, like "The Rump Riser", maybe market it.

rennie, sometimes when Im looking for a certain product online, I go onto these sites and they have the strangest yet useful things Ive ever seen.
Maybe there is a market for this.

Get a good name going, like "The Rump Riser", maybe market it.
Allen, even if you didn't post your area, I could have guessed you're a fellow nor-easter :rofl::rofl::rofl: You crack me up. Rump riser?!?!?

I don't even want to think about the sites you might visit!!:eek:

I think I'll go back to building tables - much safer.:rofl::rofl::rofl: