Photo Gallery Opinion Wanted

Thanks for the input everybody. (I've been out of town all weekend, so I'm just getting caught up.) I think I'm going to go with a little less "flashy" gallery software.

Ian and MJ have both brought up a lot of valid points. I guess I could and should have provided a bit more info about my purpose for the site. I'm not really expecting to use the site to drive in a lot of direct sales. I really think one-of-a-kind items like I make need to be seen and touched in person. So, I think the primary purpose of the site (at least now) will be to act as a type of resume, and to show examples of work I've done in the past. I do want to be able to accommodate any sales that might happen as the result of people browsing my pieces, but the emphasis is on the body of work more than the individual pieces.

If I were doing production work and selling multiples of the same items (salad bowls, cutting boards, Adirondack chairs, online courses, etc.) I'd be taking a bit different approach, with more emphasis on the individual items and things like Google rankings.

Thanks again for everyone's input. It has been a big help. :thumb:

Ah ok, thanks for the additional information, Vaughn. If you're just looking for a cool, online way to display your works, then definitely have some fun with it. Just not too much fun with things moving around a lot... ;) It's too bad there's not an easy way to give a 3D view of your pieces. Now THAT would be cool. :thumb:

--MJ :)