Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy Father's Day to Me .....

Happy Father's Day to Me .....

OK, Father's day is this weekend, and we are busy with a bunch of stuff, I knew that everyone would be busy, so I took it on myself to reduce the stress the my wife and kids would have, and got myself a grab bag of goodies

I'm such a nice guy

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carbide_forstner_bits_1.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	21345 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carbide_forstner_bits_2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	21346
    In making these toothpick holders, I've found that the forstner bits that I have, don't leave a nice smooth hole, so I bought some of the carbide tipped ones from Rockler........... (I also got a bit extender!)

Name:	carbide_forstner_bits_smooth.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	21347
    ..... they do leave a much nicer, smoother hole

Name:	sorby_thin_part.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	21348
    I also got a thin parting tool, I've been using a handmade one, that used an old thick hacksaw blade, and it just does not work well, so it was time to buy a real one.

Name:	universal_fence_clamps.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	21349
    I got some of these universal fence clamps, I think these will work well!

Name:	xtreme_xtension.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	21350
    Here is something that I have wanted for a long while, the Xtreme Xtension has gotten great marks, from what I've read, and it will make my router table that much easier to use.

Name:	irwin_40t_blade1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	21351
    This one, was an "Impulse" buy
    I saw this, and for $25, yep $25, I got this 40t combo blade for my table saw, and one thing I REALLY like about this blade...........

Name:	iriwn_40t_blade2.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	21352
    Yep, NOT made in China, nothing against China, just nice to see some stuff made elsewhere is all.

Anyone have any experience with these blades?

Well, that will be my Father's Day present to myself, like I said, I do this to help out my lovely wife and kids, reduce their stress level............... (that is my story, and I'm sticking to it )
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Wow. You're lucky you have you around to be so nice to you.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Yes, Forstner's just don't make it with end grain boring. Not intended to. But, those you bought are a different critter. Let us know how they work for you. the Irwin brand is getting around. I had thought it was the store brand for Lowe's but I'm seeing it other places as well. Have no idea about quality yet.

Congrats on having someone who cares enough to know what you wanted for Father's Day! At least you won't be sending a polka-dotted/striped tie back to the local JC Penny's!

Nice grab bag!
    Ken
    ------

Sorry about this Stu, but I've never seen such a level of self spoilment except in myself,( well... not even that but I wanted to soften it a bit) but I do have an excuse, I do not have children.

Oh well... yours is also a very good excuse, always caring for your family...

You'll need to make thousands of thooth pic holders to justify your inversion.
    Have you calculated the ROI already??
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Wow, Stu, you're a really caring father, trying to reduce the stress of gift-giving like that.

Have fun with the new toys!

I was just thinking of doing some stress relieving myself. Rockler just sent me a rewards coupon and the free powermatic needs a fence. You will like those drill bits. I used to run Irwin blades until I came across a box of Freud blades in a pawn shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Johnson View Post
    I was just thinking of doing some stress relieving myself.
    I hope this dosen't have anything to do with the bedpan you offered me in another thread.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Hey Stu on the universal fence clamps fill the back side of the knob with epoxy to make it solid it is the weak point of these clamps just drop it on the floor once & have it land on the knob. DAMHIKT!!!!! Mine is still cracked.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    Hey Stu on the universal fence clamps fill the back side of the knob with epoxy to make it solid it is the weak point of these clamps just drop it on the floor once & have it land on the knob. DAMHIKT!!!!! Mine is still cracked.
    Thanks Bart, that is a great tip!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward