Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feels like home!

Grew up here in south Ms...the "Pinebelt"

Feels like home!

Hello, my name is Ken Johnson and I'm from the Pinebelt - south central Ms. I stumbled upon this unbelievable website last evening. The more I read and explored, the more I knew I had found a place I belong. As many others here I suspect, woodworking became a deep rooted part of me during an eighth grade shop class. Fortunately, I've never been able to get my fill of building. I have yet to find any form of if that I didn't enjoy. I still posses most of my projects from that shop class and at some point during each project since, find myself reminiscing those days of enlightment. Thanks for having me as a member and as one can probably tell I am absolutely thrilled to be here!

Welcome to the Family Kenneth!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Hi there Kenneth!

Welcome to the family

DT

Welcome to the family Kenneth, and remember we love pics! that's the first thing I learnt when I joined this fantastic family.

Our motto is "no pics, didn't happen"
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

welcome kenneth

and its good to hear of another dixie fellar in here and youhappen to be close to a freind of mine. he lives in taylorsville and used to live in laurel. bobby benison is what he goes by been down in your parts a few times chasin and waitin for your brown rabbits we got a good mix of folk here and you will fit right in..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Good, now I have a buffer between me and the R-Kansas boys.
    God grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway,
    the good fortune to run into the ones I do,
    and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Kudzu Craft Lightweight Skin on frame Kayaks.
    Custom built boats and Kits

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    and its good to hear of another dixie fellar in here and youhappen to be close to a freind of mine. he lives in taylorsville and used to live in laurel. bobby benison is what he goes by been down in your parts a few times chasin and waitin for your brown rabbits we got a good mix of folk here and you will fit right in..
    Welcome Kenneth sounds like you'll fit right in,

WOW Larry you wrote your response in plain English so will you translate so we know its really you... or is it?
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    Welcome Kenneth sounds like you'll fit right in,

WOW Larry you wrote your response in plain English so will you translate so we know its really you... or is it?
    i would bart but i havnt got the time today,, your so useta my norm that you missed sum of the letters i fergot

Grew up here in south Ms...the "Pinebelt"

HOSPITALITY!

Thanks for the welcome guys! And yes Larry, T'ville only about 17 miles from from here. You may not believe this but the first rabbit hunt with dogs in my life was in T'ville, and have not been on a better one since. Could have said the same about dove hunts until a shoot in the delta about two years ago. Point taken regarding the pics Toni. I'll get on it, sounds like a good policy, a deliar if you will (that's what my grandfather called his fish scales . So I'll try to keep my tales believable until I get some pics downloaded / ?uploaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Johnson View Post
    Thanks for the welcome guys! And yes Larry, T'ville only about 17 miles from from here. You may not believe this but the first rabbit hunt with dogs in my life was in T'ville, and have not been on a better one since. Could have said the same about dove hunts until a shoot in the delta about two years ago. Point taken regarding the pics Toni. I'll get on it, sounds like a good policy, a deliar if you will (that's what my grandfather called his fish scales . So I'll try to keep my tales believable until I get some pics downloaded / ?uploaded.
    well here is sum uncoding ken i was referin to your deer down there,, you even think about them and there gone! they got springs in places our deer never dreamed of..have hunted down there on several occasions, yazzo swamp, and the nursery,thats what bobby called it, it was a large lease that he belonged to.. terra was in the story too.. if i member right.