appetite and main course(long story):)

larry merlau

well i lost an old freind last night, main course left my life. see ten yeears ago i was at a weddin g reception and it was full of colleged kids the groom and the bride both were fresh outa college and i was kin to the groom. and he and his dad and i had many adventures together, some of which i cant elbborate on here, lets just say we didnt leave any stone unturned and the moss was wore of those that we didnt turn:D any way i was havin fun and the rest of the group was too.. alcholol was a factor in this reception.. college kids and refreshments went together in there school.. back to the reception,, each table had a bowl of gold fish on it, and the catering servive was slow, they were havin to much fun watchun the group i think.. any way it hungry at my table and the goldfish disappeared, the table full of young college kids that was right next to me were a very bad influence.. by ther end of the night the fish bowls had dimeinshed substantually, and my daughter and wife had rescued two fish from harms way.. and th4ey came home with us ,,they named them appetite and main course well appetite got to frisky one day and jumped on to dry land and shriveld up but main course survived for over ten years, would tease the cat by jummping at her nose as she got drink form the bowl,, but last night main course left us too.. so now i wil have to go back tot he lake to get ataste of fish again:)

Well its sad to hear that Main Course got the royal flush from your home last night. Kind of an interesting story that's for sure. Myself I have a soft spot for gold fish,we have used them for years to keep the water troughs for the cows free of algae. They eat it right up and the cows don't seem to mind fish swimming in their water. Over the many years we have done this, only once did a cow gooble one up.Since they pay by protein now and not butterfat content, I guess we did good that day!!

Sorry to hear about that Larry. I appreciate you sharing the story with us.

Just in case you get another one why not call it Dessert?

nawh i think i will pass, my taste buds have changed now, i prefer cooked to raw.:rofl: if you think i off the wall in that story you sholda hung around with me and my cousin in years past:eek:

You reminded me that next week I think I will treat myself to a sushi dinner, as it will be my last payday / commute home. (There's a delay so I'll get the last full check a week later but won't be driving by the sushi place then.)

Larry, sorry for your loss...my wife and I had a 25 cent goldfish as a pet for over 6 years. When we moved to Chicago, we strapped the bowl to the dash of the moving van with a bungy cord, didn't seem to mind it at all...Gerdie was her name.