Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Life changing news on the home front

Life changing news on the home front

Lori, the LOML has been battling neuropathy in her feet for about a year now, and after frequent urging from me, she finally got in to the doctor and did something about it. She has been diagnosed with type II diabetes, and is on oral meds for it. She evidently has had it for awhile now, going back to her pregnancy with her (our) youngest son when she got gestational diabetes. She carefully watched her diet etc... and seemed to have things under control until the neuropathy kicked in.

one week in and she's feeling much better and the meds are slowly bringing her back to 'normal' levels, though they're not sure what 'normal' will be for her going forward.

We've already been on a diabetic friendly diet, the primary difference now is that she's on meds and responding to them. Getting used to the metering and eating on a schedule is 'fun', but I'd rather she did that than the alternative.
    -Ned

Prayers and best wishes headed your way.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Good luck with everything! If you ever buy too many of those tasty cherry filled cinnamon bun things in the future I'll be happy to come help.

Best of luck, Ned, and prayers for your family. I have family members with the same problem, and with medicine, diet and exercise, they are doing well.

Ned, glad she went to the doctor. Diabetes can be very bad if it goes untreated. My grandma loss her eyesight from it, and my uncle, her son, has as well.

My grandma got hers under control with diet and lived a healthy and vibrant life for many more years after.

Good luck to you and your LOYL!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Ned, my best to your wife. I'm in the same boat, with Type II diagnosed last November. I'm on two meds, and the hardest part for me has been eating on a "schedule", rather than when I feel like it. My doc finally cut me down to three finger sticks a week. The good thing is that since I cut out so much bread, potatoes, and pasta, I've lost 20 pounds!!!

Good luck to both of you. It's not a fun thing.
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Ned, it's not so a pleasend thing, just like Nancy said, my son-in-low has it too. Another lifestyle is needed!!
    Ad

Ned, I'm glad you kept at her until she went. And glad she is responding well to treatment. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Good luck and courage to both of you, changing habits is sometimes difficult but when it comes down to health issues what is needed to be done, has to be done.

I'm also sending prayers to you.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

thanks All, I'm quite relieved to have her under treatment for it, though it now has her looking askance in my direction. I'm a prime candidate too. Neither of us have hereditary factors, purely environment and lifestyle/diet ones. My doctor's appt is in July (soonest they could fit me in)
    -Ned