A Third Hand

Stuart Ablett

You know, when you are putting together a cabinet, and you get the glue going and the pieces all together, and something goes "Boink" and you now have cabinet parts and glue all over the place :doh:

I was building this little cabinet for the L shop, we just got a new BIG color laser printer and we needed to put it in a space with an existing dot matrix printer that we use for printing the invoices. Not fine woodworking, but a quick and utilitarian piece of work.

I dadoed the sides in the cabinet, and the back panel as well, so while I had the dado blade in the tablesaw, I made up a few assembly blocks........

printer_cab01.jpg printer_cab02.jpg
This is also a good way to use up scraps from the cabinet.

Just cut the dados and then use these blocks to hold things in place.

printer_cab03.jpg
A dry fit

printer_cab04.jpg
getting ready to glue up....

printer_cab05.jpg
Here it is all glued and stapled together, and I even put the shelves in for the picture.

Like I said, not fine woodworking, but it solves a space problem, the Dot Matrix printer will go on the top of this cabinet, and the new printer will go to the side of the cabinet.

The assembly blocks sure make this kind of assembly easy!

Cheers!

Stuart,

Great idea. I'll use it too, if you don't mind.

Keep those good ideas coming. You got a bunch of 'em. Must be something about the Canadian blood mixed with the Japanese air. Very creative.

Aloha, Tony

Thanks gents! :)

Not an original idea at all, I got it along the way from someone else, wish I could remember who, to give them credit, but I cannot :eek:

Greg, them clamps on the TS fence do work great :thumb: