Saw a Cool Car

One thing I'll say about the Smart Gas car, it runs on "Premium" only, so it may use less gallons of gas, the gas it uses is the most expensive stuff out there........ :doh:

Oh, I'll say one more thing about them, they crash well........

>> Smart Car Crash Test at 70 MPH <<

But if I had to buy a "Smart" car I'd want >> This << one :D

Sheesh they finally did it ...put wheels on a chainsaw well it does sound like a chainsaw or was that a over grown bumble bee farting in an empty oil barrel?:):D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 people & a half pint of whipped cream & you've got a 1/4 car full right to the top.

Last edited:
QUOTE=Stuart Ablett;107593]100 MPG and a total ball to drive...........

www.flytheroad.com

Only a two seater, but I'd have one of these before I'd have a Smart :D[/QUOTE]

a long time ago, I subscribed to Popular Mechanics, and they had a plans kit for a motorcycle driven trike/car. I bought the plans, but never had the ability to build it.

They suggested about a 700cc cycle, with the Front clip from a Beetle, some square tubing, some rigid styrofoam etc...
and here it is the Tri-Magnum
http://www.rqriley.com/tri-mag.html
t-mag_bklite1.jpg
[

Last edited:
Carol, as I understand it, they are still expensive, as they are handbuilt, but if they were built by "industry" they would be really cheap, and as you could run a fuel injected motor say in a 500cc format, I bet the gas mileage would be unreal.

Think of it as a fun commuter, you could park two in one regular car parking spot as well:dunno:

I just hope someone does it, I'd love to have one! :D

100 MPG and a total ball to drive...........
www.flytheroad.com
Only a two seater, but I'd have one of these before I'd have a Smart :D

Hmmm, I thought that a two-in-the-front tricycle was more stable than a two-in-the-back. It is that way for bikes. Maybe the lean gizmo is supposed to compensate. :dunno:

I think I'd probably have one of these before any of those wild cars... Seems more likely, and I can buy one today....
PathFront.jpg

Aaah - I can see it now. Tooling down the road in my Maserati Quattroporte fresh from the hardwood supplier with a couple of cherry 8-footers hanging out the window. Now that's livin.:D

Here we go again...

Today I was driving home with the family down a 4 lane city road. In front of us was a current-model red corvette.

Meanwhile, behind us was one of these....

spyder.jpg
(googled photo, no camera, and I was driving dude!)

How'd you like to use that for your L.Store deliveries, Stu? :rolleyes:

Wow, slick marketing :rolleyes:

Boy they use a LOT of slick marketing words when in essence this look just like a trike :dunno:

Lines like "There has never been anything like this before" like they think a three wheeled trike is somehow new :huh:

Looks like a motorcycle for people who are scared of motorcycles........ oh yeah, they call those trikes :rofl:

Good in the winter time yeah right, you are going to be trundling down the highway on that thing in freezing temps, yeah right :rolleyes:

I'm sure they will sell some, but really, it is almost as big as my little van, and in my van I have AC and some crash protection.

They did not really show this thing going round corners, I bet it would be a pig in the corners.

blackjackzero.jpg

Moto Guzi powered

homepage051027.jpg

Yep, never been done before :rofl:

car_photo_210853_7.jpg

Even another one from Canada, T-Rex

jeffstrikegv2.jpg

Morgons

Then there is the Aprilia Magnet concept vehicle.....

<< Linky Pic

Heck, I even found this V-max based leaning reverse trike...........

reverse-trike-tmw8.jpg

Yawn..... :zzz:

Every once in a while I see Corvette, Mustang, or GT40 prototypes at a gas station in SE MI. They always have a little camo on them to prevent the competitors form getting too close a look at the styling. One of these days I'll have a camera with me to take pics.