Kevin Rodel's Prairie Settle

Very cool, Dave. This method of displaying something can highlight a special feature (as you mentioned in the blog), or add more information to a single image, and do it in an artistic and aesthetic manner.

Hi Dave :wave:,
That really looks like a choice project to build. I can see it with a real thick pad over the seat, and maybe a throw over the back, but I think I would lessen the depth. I intend to go see your explanation but it will be later. Thanks for the banging before church!!!!!!:thumb: The neighbors won't complain, they love that kind of banging!:D
Shaz :)

i like the bench a lot and i would not change the depth as it changes the style a bit.... i would add a pillow at the back as well as at the seat... enjoy...;)

Thank you for the nice words Robert and Clara.

It looks like maybe I need to work on the cushions a bit. They are covered in leather. The original has some lacing on the edges but I was too lazy to draw that so I drew them as shown.

Oh, and Robert, I've learned to be quiet with this sort of banging so I don't wake the neighbors. They have no idea. :D:wave:

I think Clara has a point about size change, but I am thinking about for my house. I don't have room for that kind of depth.

Oh Dave,
The neighbors are amost always the last to know!:eek::rofl:
Shaz

Robert, usually I'm the last to know. ;)

By the way, that settle is only 35" deep. Here's the back view from Mr. rodel's site. You can see the leather covered cushions on it. ;)
praire_settle.jpg

Ahhhh,

Thank You!

I see.

:D Rather nice, aeems to make a statement. Maybe the statement is

" I'm here! In front of this fire, I was here first, sit on me? :huh: Okay, that will be much better for us both than to try to move me! I was here first! We can enjoy each other, but don't push me!":rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

That could be it. truthfully though, if I had a couch/sofa/settle in front of a fireplace, it would need to be long enough for me to lay down on for a nap. Speaking of naps, 5:00 seems to come earlier these days than it used to. Who's been monkeying around with my clock? :huh: