We had a dog related scare this week.

Thanks guys. But I guess I should have waited another day...LOML just called with a report on the tumor that was removed. It is a metasasized Osteosarcoma. Now these seem to always start in the bone, and metastasize from there, usually to the lungs or lymph nodes. This one was attached to the spleen. But Cory doesn't show the signs normally presented with the bone part of it. No limping, etc.
Well, I guess I know what my next woodworking project will be, I need to add on to the platform we have at the end of the bed so she doesn't jump down on a weakened bone.
So continued prayers are requested for her. We son't subject her to radiation, or amputation. At her age, I just can't do it to her. We'll keep her as happy and pain free as we can. Thanks again. Jim.

You guys are on quite an emotional roller coaster. Make her comfortable and happy and we'll all wish her the best! Hopefully she keep you guys company for a long while!

Actually it's not a BIG surprise. Two littermates came down with this. Several aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents have had some form of cancer, so we knew it was in the line. We'll do what we can for her and hope her one pup, also lives at our house, somehow escapes cancer. Makes me want to rethink breeding our youngest (different line) to my boy, Cory's littermate. We froze semen years ago to breed with. Jim.

Thought I'd correct some things I posted about our line of dogs. This is only the second of this type of cancer, and the other one had it at a site in the front shoulder where he had had a case of HOD as a puppy. The litter mates and other animals in this line have suffered from other types of cancer.
An update. Friends and my wife think that it is really odd to have a secondary site of cancer found (metasis) but no primary site presented. One friend that was trained as a Vet, but never practiced (worked at the OKC Zoo in another capacity) said this diagnosis was really strange. So it could be wrong, or she could be the odd ball.
Her appetite is coming back. She ate 3 cups of moistened dry dog food today, and left the bowl to go beg the raw food Glenna was feeding to our other dogs (raw chicken parts) tonight.:thumb::thumb: She wags her tail, refuses to let you help her off the bed, and ruffed and acted like she was trying to get her only offspring to play with her last night!! Even pawed at her. So it is very encouraging. But we know that her days are numbered, so to speak. And we'll take each one and cherish it.
Thanks for all the prayers, good thoughts and zen you've sent. It's helped us all! Jim.

Jim,

I am sorry to hear of Cory's diagnosis. Enjoy her remaining days and spend time with her.

I'm a dog person. Dogs can be a member of your family and they are always glad to see you when you arrive home.

I'll be thinking of you, your wife and Cory.

good news

well jim its good news to hear that she is trying to be herself again, enjoy the rest of the show look at as another chance, we all have pets that we cherish and they know what we fell as well as we do.. thats why i have the beard i want to fit in with my best bud "webster" i cant spell and neither can he:D:thumb: