Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lights.....Camera......

Lights.....Camera......

As some of you might know I like to do video's showing stuff I'm up to, mainly on the lathe. Recently we got a new video camera, which works really well, but being new, I want to keep it in good condition. When I did the >> last set of videos << on the new roughing out tool that I have, the camera was on a tripod, at the end of the lathe, not the best spot for the camera, but my workshop is a bit cramped. The camera got covered with wood chips, and was directly in the line of fire.

Also a while back, I made a new work >> light for my lathe << and while it works fine, I've found I just don't use it that much, the one light is really all I need, so I took the light off the arm and I made a little mount for my video camera.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	video_camera_stand01.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	21589 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	video_camera_stand02.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	21590 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	video_camera_stand03.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	21591

The camera seems to be able to focus through the plexi glass just fine, the only thing I'm worried about is the mic, how will it preform? I need be, I'll drill a hole in front of the mic.

I might also have to rig some sort of cover, as the chips can fly fast and furious but I should be able to capture some decent shots from the positions, so you can see how lousy of a turner I really am

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Stu,

Saw the YouTube videos yesterday....Kewl. That camera takes very nice video.

Glad to see you have the camera strap securely attached.....

The strap is just out of the way there, the camera is securely fastened to the boom by a threaded knob through the boom into the camera's mounting point, shouldn't fall off
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Nice set up Stu. I also saw your videos on Youtube, thanks for showing us.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

More videos coming from Stu's Dungeon Productions?
    Ken
    ------

Thanks Toni, I hope you did not fall asleep watching the videos

Ken, I hope to have some new video out tomorrow, stay tuned, film at eleven!
    William Arthur Ward

Thanks Stu, interesting vids... I've toyed with the idea of taking a vid of something on the CNC and posting it, but havn't taken the time to work through the steps. I'm sure it's painless, but still, gotta take the time to do it. Thanks for showin us yours.
    Build it Break it Fix it ...repeat

Thanks Dave, I do hope you get a chance to take some video of the CNC, I'm sure a lot of people here would be interested, I know I would be!

Cheers!
    William Arthur Ward

Stu,

I like the camera boom! That is a pretty innovative setup.

What is the diameter of the DC ducting? it that 8in? I also like dust port you make for your lathe.
    We create with our hands in wood what our mind sees in thought.
    Disclosure: Formerly was a part-time sales person & instructor at WoodCraft in Buffalo, NY.
    www.tinyurl.com/thewoodshoppe

Thanks Sean

The DC ducting is all 15cm ID, which is about 6" (5.91"), works well for sanding.

Cheers!
    William Arthur Ward