Lights.....Camera......

Stuart Ablett

As some of you might know I like to do video's showing stuff I'm up to, mainly on the lathe. Recently we got a new video camera, which works really well, but being new, I want to keep it in good condition. When I did the >> last set of videos << on the new roughing out tool that I have, the camera was on a tripod, at the end of the lathe, not the best spot for the camera, but my workshop is a bit cramped. The camera got covered with wood chips, and was directly in the line of fire.

Also a while back, I made a new work >> light for my lathe << and while it works fine, I've found I just don't use it that much, the one light is really all I need, so I took the light off the arm and I made a little mount for my video camera.......

video_camera_stand01.jpg video_camera_stand02.jpg video_camera_stand03.jpg

The camera seems to be able to focus through the plexi glass just fine, the only thing I'm worried about is the mic, how will it preform? I need be, I'll drill a hole in front of the mic.

I might also have to rig some sort of cover, as the chips can fly fast and furious :rolleyes: but I should be able to capture some decent shots from the positions, so you can see how lousy of a turner I really am :eek: :D

Cheers!

The strap is just out of the way there, the camera is securely fastened to the boom by a threaded knob through the boom into the camera's mounting point, shouldn't fall off :rolleyes: :wave:

Thanks Stu, interesting vids... I've toyed with the idea of taking a vid of something on the CNC and posting it, but havn't taken the time to work through the steps. I'm sure it's painless, but still, gotta take the time to do it. Thanks for showin us yours.

Thanks Dave, I do hope you get a chance to take some video of the CNC, I'm sure a lot of people here would be interested, I know I would be! :thumb:

Cheers! :wave:

Stu,

I like the camera boom! That is a pretty innovative setup. :thumb:

What is the diameter of the DC ducting? it that 8in? I also like dust port you make for your lathe. :thumb: