Lidded box

Ad de Crom

Former Member (at his request)
I'm for a long time in touch with one of the best American boxmakers, Pam Reilly, not only her lidded boxes are masterpieces, but also her mosaics hollow forms are breathtaking beautiful.
Sometimes I told her that I like it to copy one of her lidded boxes, always a challenge for me.
So I had a nice piece of silverbirch left over, just fine for a lidded box ''ala Pam''.
Yesterday I finished this lidded box.
As I told it's made of silverbirch, with a teak finial. Diam.x height, 95mm x 145mm including the finial.
To compare my lidded box with one of Pam's lidded boxes, a pictures of one of her lidded boxes goes by.
No question for me you all can see the difference between my work and Pam's work.

Cheers, and thanks for looking, of course comments are wellcome.

Ad :) :wave:

Attachments

• 100_0517 - lidded box.jpg
    100_0517 - lidded box.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 100_0518 - lidded box open view.jpg
    100_0518 - lidded box open view.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 34
  • 100_0519 - lidded box - view bottom.jpg
    100_0519 - lidded box - view bottom.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 33
  • lidded box Pam Reilly.jpg
    lidded box Pam Reilly.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 53
Just remember, you are not comparing your first lidded box to her first lidded box. That is awesome stuff, I can respect your humility but gee whiz........great job!

Kenneth, seems to me not a so good idea to compare my first lidded box to her first lidded box, it would look like nothing (my first box) :D
But I can tell you this lady has the right feeling in her fingertips, so she is the envy of many woodturner.

Thank you all very much, oh yes I learned a lot from Pam, like how to turn a finial, and to keep an eye on proportions, she's really a great lady.
Ad :wave: