opinions wanted!

I'm not a finishing expert but all the Deft lacquer I've seen has been for brushing. You do not want to shoot brushing lacquer - it dries too slowly.

Lacquer designed for spraying is generally available. Here in CA we're being forced to water based stuff because of the pollution from the solvent based lacquer but even the water based stuff sprays well.

And for spraying it, you can't beat an HVLP gun.

Mike

well mike, i thought it was wrong! had been using minwax but they quit carring it. i have the spray equipment, just need to find a new source for the lacquer.
i have thinned min wax brushing lacquer and got it to flow fine.. but that is now gone so here i am wishin i had ordered some from homestead but my time frame is opposing me.. i am sure you never had that trouble:D thanks mike. i need this by the wknd,,

Larry,
If you have a Sherwin-Williams paint dealer in your area, check with them. They have a "Sher-wood" lacquer line that might be what you are looking for.

I have used some of the high gloss and it works good and looks good. They have quite a few different types from high gloss to semi gloss (rubbed effect) to dead flat.

Aloha, Tony

Larry,
If you have a Sherwin-Williams paint dealer in your area, check with them. They have a "Sher-wood" lacquer line that might be what you are looking for.

I have used some of the high gloss and it works good and looks good. They have quite a few different types from high gloss to semi gloss (rubbed effect) to dead flat.

Aloha, Tony

thanks tony i will give it a try. we do have them in my area just not close but i can get there:thumb: