Walker Turner 10" contractor saw

Al killian

Well, I finally found a saw somewht local for a fair price. Picked up a 10" Walker Turner contractor saw w/ solid cast iron wings and base for $150. I know no pics means im full of it. Will snap some later when I head back out there. It is a really strange setup. The motor sits under the blade and swings like a clock movement when the arbor is tilted. It also has a built in blade shroud to connect to a dc system. I am geussing it weighs around 300lbs.

The blade has some writing on it that is hard to see but, looks like It has a M+S on it. Anyone heard of this brand?

Congrats, Al. I don't think I've seen a contractor saw with a cast iron base like that. A little bit of elbow grease and that thing will look nearly new.

I am going to sand blast the the saw and stand and repaint it. For now I sprayed the top with degreaser and it stripped all the old wax of and left a nice looking top. Had to upgrade the cord as the motor is a 2 horse and the cord was only 16 gauge. The fence is not the proper one and is mounted a 1/2" to high on the back. This means the miter gauges hit the rail and stop.

One other intresting thing about this saw is that there is a bar that locks the two miter gauges together to act as a cut off sled. Plus the miter gauges are geared and have preset sops every 15 degrees or you can lock it in anywhere between.

Almost positive that is a Unisaw fence on there. No idea what came on though.

I thought it looked familiar.:D I only recently replaced mine. I would still be using it if I hadn't picked up the Beismeyer deal at Lowes. When adjusted and a sacrificial face added they can be nice fences to work with (IMHO).

Wes

I have not problem with mine either. I took it apart and 'restored' it.In other words put it in working order again. Not as nice as a Bessy to use I admit. But I have no complaints either. But if my miter gage was hitting...... I would not be a happy camper either.