Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woodhauler- for the weekend

Woodhauler- for the weekend

Well,
    ever have one of those days at work? I sure did. My new Sprinter decided to lose a pully and then a serpentine belt, taking my productivity with it. After spending an hour or so on the phone with the road service guys, then getting a lift over to Enterprise for a 'medium sized sedan'. I lucked into this for the weekend. (really so I can go in early Monday, but hey unlimited mileage...) The rental guy was the same one I dealt with on Monday, he was pretty frazzled and asked if I was flexible on what I got to drive. I said, wheels and not a sub-compact, he said truck so I got...

Ram 4x4 quadcab Big Horn. turning 20" rims. Ouch.

I could get used to this... except for feeding it these days.
    -Ned

Sweet deal if you need a hauler this weekend. It passes anything on the road except a gas station?
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

As it turns out... I do indeed 'need' a woodhauler. Not that my little Sonoma couldn't do the job nicely, but what the hey... might as well do a little test drive with it. Price to the company is pretty much the same. (gas being the only thing I'd have to cover)
    -Ned

Wow. That's big!

You could probably fit, oh, maybe a couple of gables in there!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Ned

Nice ride..

I was all hyped to try and get a sprinter based RV. Then I read about all the problems people were having and got real cold feet. The ones that buy them still swear by them, I guess if I parted with that much money I'd try and convince myself I made a good decision. There is a reason they cut the warranty by 2/3's.

Be a good time to take a run to a saw mill and stock up for that new shop...

Garry

Hey!

Has that thing got a Hemi?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Nice ride indeed. 4 x 4? You're telling me you're not going out mud boggin' this weekend?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Wow. That's big!

You could probably fit, oh, maybe a couple of gables in there!
    I sure hope so. I'll be finding out in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Foster View Post
    Ned

Nice ride..

I was all hyped to try and get a sprinter based RV. Then I read about all the problems people were having and got real cold feet. The ones that buy them still swear by them, I guess if I parted with that much money I'd try and convince myself I made a good decision. There is a reason they cut the warranty by 2/3's.

Be a good time to take a run to a saw mill and stock up for that new shop...

Garry
    Just to the hardware store. I'd still think hard about a Sprinter based RV if I were in the market. I suspect that the prior driver didnt have it in the shop frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Hey!

Has that thing got a Hemi?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Nice ride indeed. 4 x 4? You're telling me you're not going out mud boggin' this weekend?
    Not with those steamrollers.

-Ned

my wife just headed out to go supervise her Jr Firefighters at a Pushball tournament, and for those of you who are saying 'Pushball, wassat?' the local VFDs play it at various fire companies. String a cable 20' or so up in the air and hang a basketball in a net from it. Place two 4 person teams on opposite ends. Place ball at the center, get the firefighters at the ready, with hoses charged, first team to Push the Ball past their opponent wins the Push. Three or so of those make a round. They play down bracket style until they have a winner.

What does all of that have to do with the woodhauler? I happened to be reading this thread, and her comment was;

"You took a photo with the loaner truck? you have WaY too much time on your hands."

I suppose she might have a point, but its fun to share with you guys & gals just the same.
    -Ned

Does this mean you are going to start having a lot more break downs with the company van?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Does this mean you are going to start having a lot more break downs with the company van?
    I'm seriously hoping that this is a one-time deal.
    -Ned