Woodhauler- for the weekend

Ned Bulken

Well,
ever have one of those days at work? I sure did. My new Sprinter decided to lose a pully and then a serpentine belt, taking my productivity with it. After spending an hour or so on the phone with the road service guys, then getting a lift over to Enterprise for a 'medium sized sedan'. I lucked into this for the weekend. (really so I can go in early Monday, but hey unlimited mileage...) The rental guy was the same one I dealt with on Monday, he was pretty frazzled and asked if I was flexible on what I got to drive. I said, wheels and not a sub-compact, he said truck so I got...

Ram 4x4 quadcab Big Horn. turning 20" rims. Ouch.

thauler.jpg

I could get used to this... except for feeding it these days.
iwish.jpg

As it turns out... I do indeed 'need' a woodhauler. Not that my little Sonoma couldn't do the job nicely, but what the hey... might as well do a little test drive with it. Price to the company is pretty much the same. (gas being the only thing I'd have to cover)

Ned

Nice ride..

I was all hyped to try and get a sprinter based RV. Then I read about all the problems people were having and got real cold feet. The ones that buy them still swear by them, I guess if I parted with that much money I'd try and convince myself I made a good decision. There is a reason they cut the warranty by 2/3's.

Be a good time to take a run to a saw mill and stock up for that new shop...

Garry

Hey!

Has that thing got a Hemi?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Nice ride indeed. 4 x 4? You're telling me you're not going out mud boggin' this weekend?

Wow. That's big!:eek:

You could probably fit, oh, maybe a couple of gables in there!:D
I sure hope so. I'll be finding out in the morning.

Ned

Nice ride..

I was all hyped to try and get a sprinter based RV. Then I read about all the problems people were having and got real cold feet. The ones that buy them still swear by them, I guess if I parted with that much money I'd try and convince myself I made a good decision. There is a reason they cut the warranty by 2/3's.

Be a good time to take a run to a saw mill and stock up for that new shop...

Garry

Just to the hardware store. I'd still think hard about a Sprinter based RV if I were in the market. I suspect that the prior driver didnt have it in the shop frequently.

Hey!

Has that thing got a Hemi?

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Nice ride indeed. 4 x 4? You're telling me you're not going out mud boggin' this weekend?

Not with those steamrollers.

20s.jpg

my wife just headed out to go supervise her Jr Firefighters at a Pushball tournament, and for those of you who are saying 'Pushball, wassat?' the local VFDs play it at various fire companies. String a cable 20' or so up in the air and hang a basketball in a net from it. Place two 4 person teams on opposite ends. Place ball at the center, get the firefighters at the ready, with hoses charged, first team to Push the Ball past their opponent wins the Push. Three or so of those make a round. They play down bracket style until they have a winner.

What does all of that have to do with the woodhauler? I happened to be reading this thread, and her comment was;

"You took a photo with the loaner truck? you have WaY too much time on your hands." :huh:

I suppose she might have a point, but its fun to share with you guys & gals just the same.
:type::rofl::rofl:

and the Hemi versions are even thirstier. Anna, aka Mrs Mioux, races around in a Durango 4x4 SLT with a Hemi under the hood and 20inchers.

My Dodge 1500 has the 5.9L Magnum, I get about 16 mpg everyday driving. Don't even want to know what it will be when pulling the trailer. Really, I'm not going to check.

Last edited:
The rental guy was the same one I dealt with on Monday, he was pretty frazzled and asked if I was flexible on what I got to drive. I said, wheels and not a sub-compact, he said truck so I got...
Ram 4x4 quadcab Big Horn. turning 20" rims. Ouch.

Ned, you have no idea how you made that rental agent's day! I used to manage a rental branch and there were times I "was in a pinch" let's say only to get a great customer like you.

Looks like you will be set for your haul'n duties!