Hiddy Ho from North Alabama

Welcome aboard, Harley! It's a friendly place. You'll like it here.

Sounds - from your blog - like you've just about got the den project wrapped up, and the tablesaw newly aligned. So...what's next?

Sounds - from your blog - like you've just about got the den project wrapped up, and the tablesaw newly aligned. So...what's next?
Thanks Jim
Constructing a cut-off sled right now. Following the plans in the last issue of Shop Notes. Instead of plywood I'm using MDF to see how that holds up. Then it's a smaller version of the assembly table that the Wood Whisper built.

Nancy: I'm from Florence, AL

Thanks to the rest of you for the welcome.

I'm familiar with Florence--tried to get married there one Sunday in 1966 - finally ended up in Russellville that afternoon. (Long funny story, but I won't go into it.)

I'm familiar with Florence--tried to get married there one Sunday in 1966 - finally ended up in Russellville that afternoon. (Long funny story, but I won't go into it.)

First....Welcome to the Family Harley :wave:

Second, Nancy I think you need to explain that story a little! Sounds interesting!:dunno:

That too funny, In 1968, I was living in Memphis after I returned from Vietnam and came to Florence and successfully got married. Looking back it would have been a bad experience except for my son that came out of that first youthful marriage.

Nancy I think you need to explain that story a little! Sounds interesting!:dunno:

That too funny, In 1968, I was living in Memphis after I returned from Vietnam and came to Florence and successfully got married. Looking back it would have been a bad experience except for my son that came out of that first youthful marriage.

Well, I was living in Memphis (also) and my fiance was stationed at NAS Memphis, and we wanted to get married, but my parents weren't too thrilled about the prospect (neither the marriage nor the fiance). I was 20, and knew I couldn't get married in Tennessee without parental permission, so about 4:00 a.m. we decided to go to Alabama. We started in Florence, where the probate judge was "on the lake" and couldn't be reached, then went over to Sheffield, and that judge wasn't home either. So we drove to Russellville where the judge was having a big family dinner at home, but he agreed to meet us at the courthouse and marry us. He had to pull a cop in off the street to be our official witness, since neither of our friends with us were 21. So we got married in Russellville, and drove back to Memphis. The parents weren't too happy about it, but what could they do??? And that whole fiasco was after searching to find a doctor at the hospital who would sign off on our blood tests! It doesn't sound too funny in print--I guess you had to be there. The funny story has lasted; the marriage didn't.