Let's help out tod - Turning Tools

Marty Walsh

This is one of several threads where I'll be trying to assist tod in liquidating his remaining retail inventory of tools and supplies. Please note that ALL PROCEEDS will go DIRECTLY to tod to help him finish and furnish his new living quarters.

Here are a few groundrules for this and the other sales:

1) Purchaser is responsible for ACTUAL postage/shipping costs. I will attempt to accomodate all purchasers by using their preferred shipping method...although USPS will probably be the least expensive. (Of course, anyone close enough is welcome to come by my shop to pick up pruchased items )

2) All prices listed are for check or money order. Anyone interested in using PayPal, please add 3% to the price shown so tod doesn't get penalized.

3) Items in this, and other sales, have been 'kitted' (grouped together) in an attempt to help everyone enjoy a good bargain, and not have that bargain eaten up by shipping costs. If anyone is interested in breaking apart a kit, please point that out in a post in the apporpriate thread and we'll see if it makes sense to you and tod.

4) All items being sold are BRAND NEW, never used, still in original packaging. They came directly off the walls of tod's retail space in his shop.

5) Folks interested in any particular item PLEASE POST TO THIS THREAD indicating the item(s) you're interested in. PM's to me or tod WILL NOT qualify as offers to purchase any item. All sales are FIRST POST, FIRST SERVED.​
Sorry for the rules, but there's a lot here for me to deal with and I'm hoping the rules make it a little simpler.

Now on to

TURNING TOOLS FOR SALE:

SOLD1) Robert Larson Eight Piece Turning tool set, with 150mm Inside Calipers and Center finder included
DSCN9048.jpg..........DSCN9049.jpg..........DSCN9050.jpg
SOLDPrice: $240

SOLD2) Robert Larson Five Piece Turning tool set, with 3ft wooden Rule and Center finder included
DSCN9051.jpg..........DSCN9052.jpg..........DSCN9053.jpg
SOLDPrice: $140

SOLD3) Robert Larson 1-25mm Round Scraper
DSCN8823.jpg
SOLDPrice: $29.00

SOLD4) Robert Larson 3/4-19mm Round Nose Side Cut Scraper
DSCN8826.jpg
SOLDPrice: $31.00

SOLD5) Robert Larson Square Nose Shear Scraper
DSCN8829.jpg
SOLDPrice: $36.00

SOLD6) Robert Larson Large Roughing Gouge
DSCN8832.jpg
SOLDPrice: $65.00

Last edited:
Marty,

I'd be interested in buying #3 25mm Round scraper & #5 Square nose shear scraper. I'd prefer them to be sent out via USPS. Please include insurance in the quoted rate as I want to make sure we are both covered and all versions of insurance now have a tracking number associated.

Thanks,

Put me down for #1, the eight piece turning set. PayPal is the only way for me to pay, so add the 3%.

Shipping via USPS Global Priority Post is most likely the best balance between price and speed, but please check out the slow boat shipping, as I'll not need any of these until I get back from my trip to Canada in late July.

Thanks for doing this Marty :thumb:

For any of you folks not familiar with Robert Larson tools.....they are of Sheffield steel manufactured in England and the handles are made and assembled in the USA.

I own several Robert Larson tools and they are good tools.

...Shipping via USPS Global Priority Post is most likely the best balance between price and speed, but please check out the slow boat shipping, as I'll not need any of these until I get back from my trip to Canada in late July.

Hey Stu,would it be less expensive for you to pick them up in Canada this summer? How big is your suitcase?

You might be right Vaughn :huh:

Marty, if you have not shipped them, could you compare prices for shipping to Kelowna BC Canada, and a slow boat to Japan :D

If it is about the same, direct to Japan is fine, if it is WAY cheaper, then Canada.......... I wonder, would I have to pay the GST Tax if they are brought into Canada :huh: That 15% hurts! :(

Put me down for #1, the eight piece turning set. PayPal is the only way for me to pay, so add the 3%.

Shipping via USPS Global Priority Post is most likely the best balance between price and speed, but please check out the slow boat shipping, as I'll not need any of these until I get back from my trip to Canada in late July.

Stu, I'm sure you are pretty familiar with international shipping costs already. Right now, I'm fixing to send some wood to Toni in Spain. Found out the costs involved. :eek: He is covering the costs but the frugal instincts in me still rebel. I was shocked.

Marty,

I'd be interested in buying #3 25mm Round scraper & #5 Square nose shear scraper. I'd prefer them to be sent out via USPS. Please include insurance in the quoted rate as I want to make sure we are both covered and all versions of insurance now have a tracking number associated.

Thanks,

Lee,

PM sent asking for zipcode so I can quote shipping...

- Marty -

You might be right Vaughn :huh:

Marty, if you have not shipped them, could you compare prices for shipping to Kelowna BC Canada, and a slow boat to Japan :D

If it is about the same, direct to Japan is fine, if it is WAY cheaper, then Canada.......... I wonder, would I have to pay the GST Tax if they are brought into Canada :huh: That 15% hurts! :(

Stu,

I'm headed to the shop right now with a postal scale to get a weight and then I'll check the two destinations. I'll update you shortly and let you decide.

Thanks...
- Marty -

The box arrived today, everything in fine shape! :thumb:

tools_from_tod.jpg
Just to prove it happened!

This will certainly stock me up for a while, great looking tools, can't wait to get to use them.

Thanks to Marty for taking care of this, and thanks to Tod for a good deal, I sure hope it helps some.

Cheers!