Hi folks, glad to be here!

Carl Goreth

Hi all,

Just joined up yesterday. I found out about the site through a post by Jeff Horton on Woodnet. I got into woodworking when I decided I couldn't afford to replace my kitchen cabinets. I re-finished the uppers, rebuilt the lowers, replaced the particle-board with plywood, added pullouts, etc. Now I am designing an island that my wife has asked for. I also want to get into furniture when the kitchen is done.

And yes, I admit to being a bit of a tool collector, but I use almost all of them, and when I get my workbench built will use the rest (some hand planes, etc.). My latest acquisition was a 1950-ish Craftsman drill press that I picked up after reading about Jeff's rebuild :)

When not trying to work wood I am an un-employed tech worker, ride both road and mountain bikes, and spend time with my wife.

See you in the garage - er shop!

Carl

Last edited:
Ah yes, pictures - well, it's not done yet - been a long project because I'm pretty slow. I did manage to do all the major work with it being out of commission (ie. no sink or dishwasher) only 4 days as I did it in stages. I'll see if I can find the before pics and take some current ones.

Carl

Hi Carl, :wave:
Welcome to this Family.
You are welcome with or without pictures it is just that some of the kids love photos, they can read but they like to look at the pictures:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Thanks for the intro and join in like you owned the place, actually, you do!:D
Shaz

Hi Carl, and welcome to the clubhouse. When I helped you set up your account, I had second thoughts, but then I decided not to hold your acquaintence with Jeff Horton against you. Plus, I figured if we let me in, we should let you in. :rofl: :D

Welcome Carl!

So your marrige has survived the kitchen reno? Lots don't, so you must be doing something right!

and like Vaughn says, we won't hold the "Jeff" thing against you;)...........especially if we see pics of the old iron C-man drill press :D :thumb:

Cheers!

Thanks everyone,

I posted some pics of the drill press in the Old Iron forum and some of my kitchen update in Carpentry and Construction if you're interested.