Eye Candy

Randy Wynn

:D Just now getting to the big cherry logs brought in last week. Here's the start of the second log. One more after this one and I'll be finished.

Zi6_0657.jpg

Zi6_0658.jpg

Zi6_0664.jpg

Zi6_0663.jpg

Last edited:
That cherry sure looks delicious.
Looks like you keep busy with that sawmill.

I have been getting kinda busy lately Frank Fusco. I love running the mill. The business end is what I don't like. But You'll have that from time to time.:rofl:

Just thought I'd add these now while I can.

Zi6_0669.jpg

Ready for another one.

Zi6_0667.jpg

Last edited:
WOW - you cuttin' any of that in 12/4? ohoh, I see you 4/4'ed it. A shame. You showed at least drop dead beautiful Bowl blanks!

Bruce

12/4? Heck, all he'd need to do is cut the pith out and cut it into the deepest blanks possible. He could have saved himself a lot of wear and tear on the mill. :p

That's some gorgeous wood, Randy. :thumb:

the problem with cuttin it thick like yu turners say yu want is there isnt any money in it..:) he can sell what he cut outa that log pretty easily:) to many folk..

the problem with cuttin it thick like yu turners say yu want is there isnt any money in it..:) he can sell what he cut outa that log pretty easily:) to many folk..

You hit the nail on the head with that, larry merlau. I can saw turning blocks all day but they don't sell but maybe one a week. Where, I can sell all of this wood in one shot. If anybody is willing to pay the shipping,... I will saw some from the cut off's from logs and sell them to you. The shipping would be more than the cost of the wood probably. Just for my information, What size do you all like them? Also, they can't have any pith wood in them either right? Would oak be any good? Tell me what turners want?:D

Last edited: