Vaughn is rubbing off

larry merlau

well i got asked to take a tree down for my youngest daughter, and she has become somewhat of a tree hugger now:eek: so as i unloaded the tree chunks at my place for fire wood i found a small crotch that i thought would make a nice winged bowl,, so i had this hillbilly friend of mine, do the honors... its mulberry and i sent him two pieces so he had a chance;) and he told me later on that this stuff likes to warp:eek: and he wasnt sure it was gonna come out alright or not,, well from what i got today i would say he done right well and that vaughn guy has rubbed off on him mighty fine... its smooth as a babys bottom and its thinned winged,, like less than a 1/8"..
looks great Steve.B :D:thumb::thumb: very nicley done

tn_mulberry bowl 1.jpg

tn_mulberry bowl 2.jpg

tn_mulberry bowl 3.jpg

Hmmmm...SMB...hmmmm....Steve Bellinger is the party that finally got Larry to be happy with spinny stuff!!!! I'll even bet Larry has a lathe hidden in the back of his pickup...gratz brother!!!
And that is some nice work...it will be well received!:thumb::thumb:

Whew, there for a minute, I thought you had bought a lathe:eek:. I need to go rest, I about passed out.

Yeah, my head was spinning there for a minute, too. :bonkers: Man, that was a close one. :rolleyes: :p

I dunno if you can blame me for that bowl, though. I think that one is nicer than any winged bowl I've made. :thumb: Great job on the wood harvesting Larry, and Steve, you certainly did that piece of wood justice. :clap:

My heart stopped for while. :eek:
But, yer friend did a fine job. Pretty bowl.
I have never worked mulberry, will that turn brown with time?

i am not sure frank,, it does when settin in the wood pile,, and its sticky mess to cut it.. it actually milked out in the sap wood a white sticky liquid like milk weeds do..