Pen Blank Swap is Shipped!

Paul Downes

Blanks have been shipped. Mailing labels are included to make shipping a little easier. Cost is $10.70 for the medium flat rate box. If you don't take out enough value to cover your investment in the shipping cost then i don't know what to say. (in public that is) :D Here is the list of names;
1) Richard Leshner
2) Jonathon Shively
3) Dan Noren
4) Chuck Ellis
5) Frank Fusco
6) Tom Baugues
7) Kalea Thoits
8) Leo Vosine
9) Bob Gibson
10) Paul Gallian
11) Garry Foster
12) Allen Bury
13) Mark Kosmowski
14) Jim Burr
15) Paul Downes

The rules are simple. Pick a name off the list and ship the box on. Cross the name off. Of course their mailing label will be used up so it's not likely anyone will receive the box twice in the same cycle.

Please take a picture of what you take out and put in. If you feel like it post a picture of a pen you turned with a received blank. This isn't mandatory but it might keep you from being harassed by forum members. :D It's nice to see work that other people do.

I would like to receive the box last to complete the cycle.

Anyone can join at any time if they can figure out who has the box. I included a couple of extra mailing labels.

Lets keep it fun.

There are 100 blanks in the box although some of them are long and it is possible to get 2 pens out of those. I also will put in an instruction sheet and helpful hints for some of the woods that hard to turn. We have several experienced pen turners on the forum so feel free to ask for help.

I will post a picture later today

Happy turning!

Actually Because I have seen ALL the blanks in the box, I have requested to be last.

If some joker ships the box right back to me then I will take my toys and go home. :D

Technically this is the 1st cycle of the second swap. Unless the first swap second cycle has been shipped. In that case this would be the first cycle of the ...................WHAT! ...............my head hurts.....................oh well.

Wow, Nice looking blanks. We can pick who we send it to.... Hmmmm Bob lives about 10 min away maybe I'll hand deliver if I get it before him. Sneak in a family meet.

Well frank there are a few resin blanks in the mix. 7-10 if my memory isn't totally shot. I just tried out casting hornet nest in alumilite. I went with yellow and black resin- go figure. I threw in one of those. It is strictly turn at your own risk, there might be a few holes in it. I shot a big bald face hornet nest out of a tree yesterday so I am chomping at the bit to do some more of those casts. Been learning the worthless wood cast thing also. I have lots of burls and ant wood, and weird stuff that grows in trees. It will be interesting to see what actually looks good. I even have some prickley pear cactus skeletons to mess with.

The picture was shot laying on a painted piano bench that came with a grand piano that I just bought. The durn thing will dominate space in the shop until I get it re-finished. Never turned bog oak. Nor she-oak for that matter, that looks right pretty.

I ended up with some 3" squares of 4/4 Merlau black walnut today. Are these usable as blanks, and if so will folks here mind if I not cut them smaller?

Those would work as good pendant or stopper blanks Mark. I can't speak for all but I wouldn't mind finding them in the box. And if some one wanted they could cut them down.:thumb:

HEY - I got a box in the mail the other day.

Sorry - but I have been flat out busy. :(:(

I forgot to take pics :eek: - but I took out some fine specimins and added in some of my private stock.

The box is now on its way to another member.

Man - I feel like I really blew it by not taking pics. That is sooo not like me. :eek::eek:

Anyway - it's in transit. :D

HEY - I got a box in the mail the other day.

Sorry - but I have been flat out busy. :(:(

I forgot to take pics :eek: - but I took out some fine specimins and added in some of my private stock.

The box is now on its way to another member.

Man - I feel like I really blew it by not taking pics. That is sooo not like me. :eek::eek:

Anyway - it's in transit. :D
what box, no pics, didn't happen...:eek::D:rofl::rofl::rofl: