Sycamore bowl

John Ryan

Not been around for a while loml wanted kitchen redone:doh: This bowl is 13 1/2 inch x 8 inch, it has some lovely grain patterns in it. A local shop has agreed to display some of my pieces and wanted a centre piece for the display so I delivered it to her today. When I was in she told me that one of the items had already sold not bad for 5 days on display.

13inch bowl copy.jpg i3 inch bowl2 copy.jpg 13inch bowl 3 copy.jpg

comments and critque welcome and encouraged, Thanks for looking :thumb:

Oh! nearly forgot the finish is several coats of wax

Very pretty wood, John. With those wings, it must have been a real challenge to turn, but it looks like you did a fine job on it. I'm not enamored by the final shape, but all you need is one customer who is. ;) Congrats on the sales so far, and best of success in the future sales. :thumb:

Very pretty wood, John. With those wings, it must have been a real challenge to turn, but it looks like you did a fine job on it. I'm not enamored by the final shape, but all you need is one customer who is. ;) Congrats on the sales so far, and best of success in the future sales. :thumb:

Vaughan it was exciting to turn :D I can see what you mean about the shape, if I can get another bit like that I would maybe go a bit lighter on the wings :)

John great job one of these days i'll get my courage up and try one of them winged bowls.
Steve

Stephen I only tried this after watching Tony Wilson do one at a demo he marked the tool rest with a marker pen to show were the edge was and it does work both in giving guidance and a bit more confidence :)

Thanks for looking and all your comments :):)