Saved from the firewood pile.

Terry Quiram

I got a call from a guy that processes firewood. He said he had a special Maple that shouldn't be cut into firewood and would I be interested. I stopped to see what he had and was so interested I brought home a truck load. I will be processing it this weekend and offering some for sale.

Attachments

• MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 107
  • MVC-013F.JPG
    MVC-013F.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 103
I got a call from a guy that processes firewood. He said he had a special Maple that shouldn't be cut into firewood and would I be interested. I stopped to see what he had and was so interested I brought home a truck load. I will be processing it this weekend and offering some for sale.

I think that is what is called Blister Maple. It is the first time I have seen an example other than a sample chart.

That is spectacular looking wood. It looks exactly like what Barbara said, "Blisters".

Terry, you should be very careful about not catching whatever gave that wood those blisters. Send it to me as I have no wood allergies.....:p

Seriously Impressive!

I don't think I have ever seen anything like that! I have never even heard of this type of figuring. That's absolutely awesome, congratulations!

Hutch

Vaughn, Awesome wood. Quite rare also. I found a tree like that last year and made a deal with the 90 yr old homeowner to take the tree down because it was nearly dead. Well, I put it off because life got busy. The last time I drove past the tree it was in the river. I hope to get a back hoe over there in the next week or so and fish it out. I did stop and walk the trunk down and it looks like your wood the full length of the main stem. It is hollow and mostly dead, but it might be spalted.:D In payment I have to clear a log jam from the river and trim some trees so he has a clear view up stream. Not a bad deal in my book.

cant belive i passed this

i had seen the post and ran right on by but tonight i had few mins and saw a familiar name posted to it so i took the time to look ,,,,man that is awesome stuff that what makes this hobby so fun ,,to see what nature has done for us that are smart enough to look... thanks for sharin.

Terry,

Nice stuff!! Depending on price, I am interested in jewelry box top size/grade pieces when you are ready to unload some.