Bench dog router table extension

Anyone have this? I'm not happy with my Bosch router table, and I'll need the cabinet it's mounted on for the planer I want to add to the shop. I have the TS3650 and would replace the left extension with the Bench Dog table. Any comments would be appreciated, especially about the phenolic insert and the fence.

Thanks,

Tony

Last edited:
A lot of folks really like these. You are, of course, restricted to their plates and lifts. I'm not sure what the whole status is with Bench Dog now. Did Rockler buy them whole or just some products? Anyone?

I got the impression that I could mount my Bosch RA1165 under-table base to the Bench Dog plate. The plate is described as being pre drilled to accept the Bosch 1617 series, and I assumed that I could drill a hole to access the bit adjustment mechanism if necessary. Am I missing something? (Wouldn't be the first time.)

Thanks,

Tony

I got the impression that I could mount my Bosch RA1165 under-table base to the Bench Dog plate. The plate is described as being pre drilled to accept the Bosch 1617 series, and I assumed that I could drill a hole to access the bit adjustment mechanism if necessary. Am I missing something? (Wouldn't be the first time.)

Thanks,

Tony

If the RA1165 is the same bolt pattern, I would think you're OK. Drilling the hole for the wrench should be no problem; I did the same on my aluminum Rockler plate to use my Mil 5625 wrench before I got a lift. A quick email or call to them should remove all doubt :thumb:.

Email: info@benchdog.com
Main: 763.515.7457
Toll free: 800.786.8902
Fax: 763.515.7463

Update

A lot of folks really like these. You are, of course, restricted to their plates and lifts. I'm not sure what the whole status is with Bench Dog now. Did Rockler buy them whole or just some products? Anyone?

I talked to Bench Dog tech support today. Rockler bought the whole operation, but they expect to continue selling thru Amazon as well.

Tony

Good info Tony, thanks. But, more importantly, did they say your router base will fit? :)

I spoke to Bosch about that. They said the hole pattern on the under-table mount is the same as the router, so I should be able to do it as hoped.

I'm enjoying the weather down here, but it's no fun being 1400 miles away from my shop. All I can do in the WW area is play with my Christmas toys, and you can only cut so many dovetail joints!

Tony

Tony, I've got a Bench Dog cast iron table extension mounted to my Craftsman TS. It was very easy (and very heavy) to mount to the saw. The fence is well made and well designed. I've got my Bosch 1617 router mounted to it. When I bought the table, the plate had to be drilled for my router.

The table is solid and easy to use. If you buy it, you're gonna love it. Yes, it's pricey but it's also something you will be able to hand down to your grandchildren.

Doug

Woodpecker's QuickLift 350ABD looks like it is meant to fit the Bench Dog tables. If so, I might go that way. http://www.woodpeck.com/quickliftalum.html

Tony

You are quite right Tony. I forgot all about that I and I even own a Woodpecker PRL :doh:. Didn't mean to steer you wrong. My intent was to point out that ANY vendor you go with has some restrictions as to what fits. I run a Rockler table but I just modified it to fit the PRL. :thumb: