surprise visit from a G-man

Frank Fusco

We don't see many vehicles on our street that aren't recognized. And those are only about two a day.
So, when I saw this black sedan slowly cruising by it go my attention. Then when it pulled up in front of the house the curiosity quotient went way up. When the visitor walked to my front door with identification and badge in hand I began wondering if I had buried the body deep enough. :eek:
He was an ATF agent. More curioiser indeed. I haven't had a dealers license in twenty years and the last President I shot was Lyndon Johnson. So wassup?
Well, he seemed nice enough. Had a gun, I didn't. So I let him in.
Reason he came was to ask for help, yep, from me, in perhaps identifying the type of person who might have committed an attempted murder here in Arkansas.
Couple months ago, a well known doctor, who is also President of the Board of Medicine in Arkansas was nearly killed by a bomb in his driveway. It was a particularly heinous and devious attack. When the doctor went to his car to go to work, a tire was laying in front of it. He had to move the tire to drive out. As he moved the tire it exploded. Very serious injuries.
As the investigation started, I called the ATF, who is the investigating agency, with a theory.
I served for years on the Arkansas Board of Nursing. We had many respondents who were put on suspension or probation for various violations. The medical board works with similar cases for doctors.
Often (about 50% of the time) these folks fail to meet the requirements of their suspension or probation. Usually, they fail a drug screen or do not report for them. When that happens their licenses can get pulled and that ends their career.
These folks do get very angry and emotional. My thinking is that someone in a position like that just went over the edge and attacked the doctor for revenge.
The AFT agent, actually a nice guy, just wanted to verify that is was me who called and (I'm guessing here) not a crackpot or the guilty party trying to misdirect the investigation.
As he left he said I probably would get more calls or visits about my theory.

well frank i aint gettin close to you no more,, your a bad person to assouciate with.. can yu imagine if had been there and he pulled in????? you woulda had a new door somewhere. cuz i woulda been GONE... me and them boys wouldnt get along.. i just look bad and to some of them ,thats all it takes..:rofl: and fer you well quilt by assoucation comes to mind:)

well frank i aint gettin close to you no more,, your a bad person to assouciate with.. can yu imagine if had been there and he pulled in????? you woulda had a new door somewhere. cuz i woulda been GONE... me and them boys wouldnt get along.. i just look bad and to some of them ,thats all it takes..:rofl: and fer you well quilt by assoucation comes to mind:)

Frank will keep a hat around just for you.On the front it will say

I'm just a big cuddly puttytat purrrr.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Larry, ye have no idea how many of my friends look a lot like you. And, most, like me, almost always wear some camoflage. He'd see you and just think 'situation normal'.

I saw that story on the news the day it happened. I immediately thought the same thing when they said what he did--he helped take away some doc's license and now they are mad. They are JUST starting to consider that possibility????????

I saw that story on the news the day it happened. I immediately thought the same thing when they said what he did--he helped take away some doc's license and now they are mad. They are JUST starting to consider that possibility????????

No, Matt. They looked at that immediately. But, as the agent told me, they are looking at every case ever to come before the board since he has been on it. My suggestion was to narrow to the type of individual I described. My observation and experience tells me those are the most likely to do something like this.

Next time you open the door for one of them, put one hand to your ear and speak into your other wrist something like "they're here, proceed according to plan?" You might get to check out the back seat of their ride.