Birthday goodies

Bob Gibson

The gift card from my kids was burning a hole in my pocket so I ran out to Woodcraft and spent an hour agonizing on what to buy.
The saw is a cheapie but I've always wanted one.

My router pad was torn up and this was on sale.

My wife wanted a few bowls so I picked up the chuck on sale. Now I just have to figure out how the heck to use it:dunno:

The jointer clamp was on the markdown bench. So I thought I'd give it a try. Don't really know why because I have a homemade one that works pretty well.

For the pic police :rofl:

P4140339 (600 x 450).jpg

bob just think all the good saw blades or drill that could be made from the chunk of steel called a nova chuck,, flat work tools bob not spinny stuff ts not healthy to have nova chucks:) and we need your support in the flat world:D:rofl::rofl:

Ahhhh well done Bob. Larry i do see a small tennon saw in the pics. Bob i think i have the same one. Plan on using it someday as a test piece for my sharpening skills. :D After using a Japanese one i never pick this one up.

Good haul on the birthday.:thumb: Gift cards like that would have burnt a hole in my pocket too.;):) At least they know what to get you.:wave:

bob just think all the good saw blades or drill that could be made from the chunk of steel called a nova chuck,, flat work tools bob not spinny stuff ts not healthy to have nova chucks:) and we need your support in the flat world:D:rofl::rofl:

Believe it or not Larry but I thought of you when I bought it and had to laugh to myself :rofl::rofl:
I'm not very "turned on" by the spinny stuff yet. I don't have the feeling of excitement like I do when I do flatwork.
But then again besides from the 4 hour class on natural edge bowls I took last year I've only made a few pens.
Maybe there is hope for me yet :rofl:

Also, there is the fact that when my wife "suggests" that she would like some small bowls, It's pretty much an order :eek: