New app that may just help save lives

Rob Keeble

If yu happen to be one of the people who are tied to your mobile phone and cannot stand it not to know what the latest text is while driving, then perhaps this app can save others from your bad driving as a result of texting while driving.

Check this video out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IXECZNe6PLs

To download and use this app its free go to Android marketplace and search for Jarvis.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.demarco.jarvis&feature=search_result

From what i see in my travels around the problem of texting and reading texts while driving:doh: is becoming epidemic despite our new laws.:bang:

Personally i foresee a situation where the car companies will unfortunately be burdened with the role of policeman somehow, perhaps we need to back to manual gearboxes then there aint time to do other things.:D

Isn't that a hands free voice mail message?

I agree with you about txtng nd drvng gttng crAZ.

Maybe we need something similar to SAWSTOP on cell phones:thumb:. Market it as TEXT STOP and mandate its use. The phone senses when it's owner is driving and immediately shuts down. After all, WAY more folks are killed and maimed due to texting and driving then by using table saws.............:huh:

actually they could set it up for use in restaurants as well.. you go in to eat and converse with friends not some plastic electronic gidgit and have it ring oof the hook while others are trying to get a peaceful meal or those that use all grab thiers to check if they missed something..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Personally i foresee a situation where the car companies will unfortunately be burdened with the role of policeman somehow, perhaps we need to back to manual gearboxes then there aint time to do other things.:D

Sorry Rob, but I have to disagree, here in Spain manual gear boxes are 95% of the total, and people do text, phone, put on make-up, write notes on paper while holding the phone with their necks and other strange things just to name a few, so I don't think that would prevent them doing it.

I don't want to talk about what happens in planes...:(

just recently, I made so much fun of the college aged kids, and my kids that were all over for a dinner celebration we had. I walked over to the table where there were around 10 young adults, and next to their plates, were cell phones, some of them had two out and while they were eating they were texting, but the phones were all set out next to the dinner plates like it was part of the setting.

so I went over and picked up my house phone extension(cordless) went into the bedroom and picked up the other extension, back room extension, then went and found my cell phone and piled them all in front of my plate and waited for someone to make a remark.
when the kids laughed at me, I told them thats how silly they all looked.
What possibly in the world was so important that it couldnt wait for them to finish a few veggies and some protein.
I guess Im not cool or part of this new world.

just recently, I made so much fun of the college aged kids, and my kids that were all over for a dinner celebration we had. I walked over to the table where there were around 10 young adults, and next to their plates, were cell phones, some of them had two out and while they were eating they were texting, but the phones were all set out next to the dinner plates like it was part of the setting.

so I went over and picked up my house phone extension(cordless) went into the bedroom and picked up the other extension, back room extension, then went and found my cell phone and piled them all in front of my plate and waited for someone to make a remark.
when the kids laughed at me, I told them thats how silly they all looked.
What possibly in the world was so important that it couldnt wait for them to finish a few veggies and some protein.
I guess Im not cool or part of this new world.

Good one Allen :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Many of the new phones have proximity chips built in. I wouldn't be surprised if they start putting the emitters in cars on the drivers side so that a phone can't be used or at least locks some features while the car isn't in park and/or moving.

Last edited:
Thats kind of where i believe it will have to go to save our own lives while on the road. Sadly this addiction is not limited to kids i could not believe some "adults" that were at the campgrounds this past weekend :) supposed to be getting away from it all.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk