absolutely ridiculous

Frank Fusco

Shown below is the cash register receipt I got the other day from our local Staples. I bought two items totaling about $30.00 and got this 48" long receipt. I would be afraid to spend a few hundred dollars. It would take a truck to haul the receipt. :crash: Just thought I would vent. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• receipt.jpg
    receipt.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 92
I bought two items totaling about $30.00 and got this 48" long receipt.

Frank,

Believe it or not, some computer coder did that on purpose. For a reason. That probably seemed like a good idea at the time! ;)

The worst part? Some manager had to sign off on the code! :doh:

Or maybe the coder was just getting dilbert-like revenge on his pointy-headed boss! :rofl:

Thanks,

Bill
(Who still thinks mauve has more RAM! ;)

Makes me wonder how many book entries they used to do back in the day before the electronic cash registers. Probably spend more cash on auditing than they made on the sale and wonder why they not making money.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Shown below is the cash register receipt I got the other day from our local Staples. I bought two items totaling about $30.00 and got this 48" long receipt. I would be afraid to spend a few hundred dollars. It would take a truck to haul the receipt. :crash: Just thought I would vent. :rolleyes:

Wasn't the age of the computer suppose to give us a paperless society??:huh::dunno:

Wasn't the age of the computer suppose to give us a paperless society??:huh::dunno:

Yes, it was. I go back to when I learned to type on a huge, clunky manual typewriter and we used carbon paper. Didn't have to buy paper very often.
Once we got computers and printers I had to buy paper by the multi-reams. Still, if there is printer malfunction, dozens of sheets can get wasted. We use lots and lots of paper these days.
On the upside, pulp harvesting and paper making are big industries in Arkansas. Keeps a lot of guys working.

So was it not a rebate??

Yes, it was. Almost two feet of legalese. I filled out the form and put a stamp on the envelop then read the 'rules'. I had purchased a small printing calculator. With rebate, it will be only about $10.00. BUT, the so-called rebate will be a Staple's shopping card good ONLY ON THE PURCHASE OF ANOTHER CALCULATOR. This is a rebate?