One outa three aint bad:)

larry merlau

Well i got one of the three ready to deliver, but i can tell you that glenn is a con artist because there is alot more work in one of theses than appears,, mine isnt a G&G like his but it was my first and i have 2 more to do.. didnt turn out to bad for the first time:) all C&C are welcome:)
Dresser-1Emmy 001.jpgDresser-1Emmy 002.jpg
Dresser-1Emmy 003.jpgDresser-1Emmy 004.jpg
Dresser-1Emmy 005.jpg
i had some size restrictions so the top drawer was left as one drawer to maintain more useable space.. this outa of cherry and it had some curl to it to help match the hutch from a few years back.

Looks awesome Larry! Did you use the magnamax for the finish? Since you said you have two more are they the same size and did you cut the pieces for the other two while you were building this one?

Looks awesome Larry! Did you use the magnamax for the finish? Since you said you have two more are they the same size and did you cut the pieces for the other two while you were building this one?

alan this one got a size restriction which cost me some time because the parts i had made were to big like the dividers, so to answer your question i did make some of the parts for the next two, have them parted out and need to re size some but should go much faster this tiem.. i had these all ready to go when toni told me he was coming over so it all went on hold:) till January.. had other things to do in between toni leaving and the being able to restart.. but i did take notes and make some simple jogs to make the next batch easier:) i read and reread glenns tutorial many times aas i went along.. thanks to glenn for making this one go as well as it did:)

magna max was the finish alan, i had two coats of garnet shellac on the side panels and one and a half coat on the rest ran out so thinned it out to cover all i needed to, then took and gave it two coats of toned sealer to make the color match better on the whole piece, then two coats of magna max for final coat.. let me tell you this am i wasnt happy with ole gray beard for dragging his hands across those drawer frnts and the main case:( but i got threw it just the same.. and it will pass my inspection

Last edited:
Very nice, Larry! What are the overall dimensions? I am curious why you went with the same size for all the drawers as opposed to progressively getting smaller as you go from bottom to top. I am not saying it looks bad the way you have it, but it does stand out to me, because I see most dressers built that way.

Very nice, Larry! What are the overall dimensions? I am curious why you went with the same size for all the drawers as opposed to progressively getting smaller as you go from bottom to top. I am not saying it looks bad the way you have it, but it does stand out to me, because I see most dressers built that way.
bill the sizing was set by the customer:) i agree on variable sized myself but the rules say customer is always right:) the top is 32" wide and the sides are 16" deep the drawers faces are 8.75" which all was to fit in said space in the room. tried to make larger, but they said it was to be this size period room restrictions.. 54" tall

That's some sharp cherry Larry, you mill it? I wish I could get some sizable cherry.
yup some of my old stash john:) and your right ,,gettin wide cherry is tough.

thanks for the compliments.. just showing you folks i have been MAKING SOME SAW DUST LATLY:)

Very cool Mr Merlau well done on getting er done. I agree with Vaughn i think that will last as heirloom furniture given the customer and the craftsmans relationship. :) . Can only aspire to do work half as good.

Well done, very nice job matching up the grain patterns. Got any pics of the internal structure? Just curious if you used dust frames and how you keep the drawers from tipping and such.