Woodpecker PRL-V2

My wife is insisting that I do a shop project so I am going to do 2 "Norms" shop projects.

The first will be Norms deluxe router table. I want a lift and a dedicated router so I am considering a Woodpecker PRL-V2 and will marry a PC-7518 router motor to it.

Anybody have any experience with either device?

Last edited:
Yep, I built that last year. Same router, the lift is the PRL, from when they did "another Last" run. Great set up. Put mine on 4" casters instead of the base. When cutting the slots and what not into the Formica covered pieces, go slow, I had a few chip outs. Doesn't hurt anything, just bothers me. Basically just follow the plans and you should be good to go on the wood part. Oh, buy the router template for the opening great time saver.

I have the woodpecker side winder ... picked up off Craig's list .. and am very pleased with it. Have a Milwaukee 3625 mounted in it .. also very pleased with this ... came with the lift. I made my own template for cutting the mounting plate hole by tracing the mounting plate onto a piece of MDF and then cutting it out. Worked very well.

Attachments

• P4240001.JPG
    P4240001.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 47
  • P4240004.JPG
    P4240004.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 44
I have two Triton routers and love them. The reason I am posting this is because they both have the lift built in. The lift is operated from above the table. The elevation scale is very accurate and very smooth. The only thing you have to reach under the table for is the switch. The bits are mounted and unmounted above the table. There is no messing around with the way the router is placed in the lift; it is always correct.

Highland has had some good deals on the Tritons. You get router and lift for the same price as a lift.

Enjoy,

JimB

Ken, I love my 7518. Plenty of power. I have the old PRL too, way before the V2 came out. I've had it back to Woodpecker for adjusting once under warranty, lifetime by the way, and came back like brand new, just cost me the shipping to get it there. You might look to see if they have any of the B-stock. That's what I bought and it saved me some dollars. Only had a couple of scratches, which I've put plenty more on it, and still had the lifetime warranty. They don't always have these, but it's worth a look see. Also, the Incra is the same lift, different insert setup. Not sure at this point which one I would go with if getting another. Note, I didn't say replace the current one!!!! You'll love the set up...just get it. Jim.

Well.......I had an appointment with my cochlear implant audiologist today in Spokane. So I dropped by Woodcraft.....they had Woodpecker PRL-V2 in stock........my birthday is later this month and though I had not remembered to bring my Woodcraft birthday card with discount with me, the owners who know me, also know I live 110 miles away. They gave me the discount and I brought one home. Now I need to build a wood storage rack and then get started on that router table.

I opened the box and took the lift out. I am impressed! It is well built.

Last edited:
So Ken, what did you end up doing? I have run the original PRL with a Milwaukee 5625 daily for years without issue. Both are wonderfully refined tools. The auto-carriage lock on the lift is a dream and adjustments of .001" are just part of the mechanism, no fuss to it at all. I do use a $14 lithium screwdriver I picked up at Costco to speed up (but not too fast) the height change on the original as there is no quick-lift feature.

Attachments

• Fast-Positioner-sm.jpg
    Fast-Positioner-sm.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 14
So Ken, what did you end up doing? I have run the original PRL with a Milwaukee 5625 daily for years without issue. Both are wonderfully refined tools. The auto-carriage lock on the lift is a dream and adjustments of .001" are just part of the mechanism, no fuss to it at all. I do use a $14 lithium screwdriver I picked up at Costco to speed up (but not too fast) the height change on the original as there is no quick-lift feature.

Glenn.....I bought the PRL-V2 and brought it home with me.

Glenn.....I bought the PRL-V2 and brought it home with me.

What? You mean you're not done with the router table? You've had the lift for a whole day, man. Let's get with the program, buddy.
impatient.gif

:D :D :D :D :D

What? You mean you're not done with the router table? You've had the lift for a whole day, man. Let's get with the program, buddy.
impatient.gif

:D :D :D :D :D

NO! And it's probably not going to get finished this month either! I have to find a source for high pressure laminate...get it ordered....get the T-track and miter track ordered...get a power switch ordered...get a wood storage system designed and built first so I can reclaim 1/4 of my shop floor space......

And then I am going to Houston to see my wife and my new grandson......

So No....I don't have it done Buddy.......and probably won't have it done this month.....LOL:whistling:!

Ken, I get my laminate, Wilsonart, from Home Depot. The ones close to me don't have it, but the one in Arlington about 22 miles away does. In fact, that store is real close to where you stayed when you were here. Some of the Lowe's have it, but not the black that I've been using. Contact a local counter top fabricator and see if you can buy a sheet through them. See what brand they use, then look on their website at the colors. Most colors come in several finishes too, so keep that in mind. Jim.

Last edited:
Jim,

Thanks for the suggestions. Friday....I did something for the first time in over 2 years.

Though with my cochlear implant you and I could have a face-to-face conversation, one of the hardest things for CI recipients to do is use the telephone. Telephone audio is the poorest quality audio normally we hear. Friday I called a local business and talked to a saleslady. I drove to the store picked the color I wanted and ordered it. I should have it Monday.

The Lowes and Home depots here in Houston usually carry laminate in stock but only in the same colors as the post form tops they carry.

You say your gonna be in Houston?