Need Confuser assistance, Re: Spreadsheets.

Kevin Vernon

I have several old spreadsheets - various inventories - that were created using Lotus 123. Is there an easy way, or ANY way, to convert those file to something that can be opened with either MS Office, or OpenOffice? :huh::dunno:

-Kevin in Indy (hoping someone can point him in the right direction)

Kevin, Earlier versions of MS Excel (2000 and XP) opens Lotus 123 files. Open office may open them also. Should be able to open and save them to Excel once opened in those versions

Kevin, Earlier versions of MS Excel (2000 and XP) opens Lotus 123 files. Open office may open them also. Should be able to open and save them to Excel once opened in those versions

My thoughts as well...it's a shame Lotus isn't around or if it is, too expensive... I think it's a more powerful program than excel... back when I was doing them, I wrote all of my freight tariffs in Lotus... I could change the whole tariff from a single page just by linking the pages... may be able to do that with excel, but haven't figured it out yet... and since I don't need tariffs anymore, immaterial.:D

Got it figured - thanks, guys!

Darren - actually, after sufficient poking around, I found Lotus would save the files in Excel format. Well, Excel '97 :eek: I tried that, and danged if Office didn't open 'em right up. :thumb: That may give you some idea how long I have had this copy of 123 floating around. :doh:

-Kevin in Indy