Burning Wood - 2013 - Who's going?

Are you planning on attending the 2013 Burning Wood event!

• 50/50. I'd like to, but I have trouble planning that far out.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Just wanted to post a poll so we can get a headcount to know who's going to come.

I'd kind of like to make sure at least 5 folks are coming, just to make it worth everyone's effort to get here.

Keep in mind there is a lot to do in the Reno area, so a Saturday meetup means you might be able to explore some of the other activities that the Reno/Tahoe area has to offer.

So if you'd check in on the attached poll if you are planning on attending, that would be great!

Details:

Date: Saturday, June 22nd Early arrivals and late departures are fine.
Place: My Isolated Desert Compound, 25 miles north of Sparks(Reno), Nevada.

Official demos and activities to be held on Saturday. Might have a little get together the night before. Sunday is up for grabs.

Last edited:
too early for me to give an answer.

Good point Allen. I've left this poll open for 60 days, so if you don't know yet, and it's not even at that 50/50, feel free to hang back and answer the poll later.

your going about this in a good way brent,, you will have some solid facts to base everything on this way..

Thanks! I just didn't want to get this all scheduled up and have people go to a lot of time and expense when there would be just Me and Sharon and the dogs :wave:

I was telling Brent that I'm not sure what demo's I'll be able to offer, but I could ship a few stained glass tools and supplies out ahead of time if anyone is interesting in learning how to do it. Any takers?

you guys lucked out, I wont be there to bother you, at least thats how it looks.

Bummer, I'll keep holding out hope you can make it. Though you might miss out on a truck load of lumber, however I think Brent might be giving it to you to finish that table for him. :hide:

(I fear I may have gone from sleeping in the guest bedroom to the dog house) ;)

Ok I am going to need one of you Admin guys to modify my vote if that is possible. I will be attending, that is if you accepting Canadians at this time. :) In the demo department my vote is for guns. :) Hey its the west aint it. :)

Fixed it for ya Rob! :thumb:

Let me know your flight times via email. I got a rental car as part of my package for about what airfare alone was going to cost, so can work out some chauffeuring if anyone needs a ride and it fits the time that I have the car (between my flight in Friday and flight out Sunday).

Oh heck yeah!!! Can we have a shooting range?!!? Both of us are off that weekend and will be heading out early...like 3am :doh: early. Brent, can you PM me your address and some motels in the area? I'm cool with Motel 6 as long as the cops don't show up more than twice a night! What food/stuff to bring? Weather should be??? Turning tools? Ammo?...can you tell I like to prepare?? Allen...get on a plane!!

Oh heck yeah!!! Can we have a shooting range?!!? Both of us are off that weekend and will be heading out early...like 3am :doh: early. Brent, can you PM me your address and some motels in the area? I'm cool with Motel 6 as long as the cops don't show up more than twice a night! What food/stuff to bring? Weather should be??? Turning tools? Ammo?...can you tell I like to prepare?? Allen...get on a plane!!

Technically, My place is off limits for shooting, but there is plenty of blm land close by (5 minutes) where we could go to do some shooting on sunday, if that works.