Narrowing the Generation Gap

Speaking of:

I expect in a few years, we will be able (and their will be a court case), about some studio using an actors image from a movie they own, and digitally recreating the actor for some part.

Feels sad that the Who could join the above group now.

Those are class acts. Where has the talent gone. I like to listen to the oldies but goodies music. The lyrics I can understand and enjoy. Wonder where the singers now are going? Most of the music is garbled and nonsense. That must mean I'm old but refuse to admit it.
Thanks for shared the videos.
David

Those are class acts. Where has the talent gone. I like to listen to the oldies but goodies music. The lyrics I can understand and enjoy. Wonder where the singers now are going? Most of the music is garbled and nonsense. That must mean I'm old but refuse to admit it.
Thanks for shared the videos.
David

I'm part of the older generation and in my opinion, most singers today have little to no talent, just rely on the music (sometimes even the music is irritating) and some more or less erotic moves to make a hit. I'm still a fan of the big band era, the grooners etc...

I am an old hippy from late 60's - early 70's

So "fred and ginger" is before my time.

Still, WOW, that was some really awesome stuff. Glad I am not to closed minded.

I like benny goodman too - Sound of Music too.

ROCK ON!! I love it!

They still are.
Working on a new album from what I have read. Some of the singers have passed, others are parents of famous band members (late Led Zeppelin drummer), but they were on Britain's got Talent a couple years back and were working new stuff. (would love to see some stuff written just for them)

If you're not finding new music worth listening too, well, You aren't looking. I'm not talking the mass produced stuff out there, but to quote the Who, 'The kids are alright'.

I spend my Wed and Thu nights usually listening to a few different Internet 'radio' programs. They are all over the board genre from old country, rockabilly, Punk Rock, Metal, Power Pop, to some more esoteric genre's I won't describe. Suffice to say some of it's old, some of it's new, some of it is great and some of it, eh, I can take or leave.

But the point is that there is a LOT of new music out there by very talented musicans and singers. It's just harder for them to get heard over the noise of the terrestrial radio, the online streaming, and the big corporate music pushers.

It's also easier for them to create their music, record it and publish it on their own. Its the getting it to an audience that is hard. I've been buying a lot of music over the last couple years. Some of it are 45's to put on the juke, but a lot of it are brand new lp's and brand new downloads.

Whatever kind of music you like, trust me, the kids are out there making it. Sure Some of it is spoken word, some screamer metal, but there is a lot out that that is every bit as good as whatever you listened to back when you listened to 'new' music that is now your oldies.