repairing a chip question

A friend has an electric acoustic guitar. To make a long story short it got dropped and chipped on the lower right hand corner and he asked if I could fix it. How would you repair this? I've got some ideas, but wanted some input. He's going to have it re-dipped so the repair will be covered so it only needs to be flush and doesn't have to match the camo pattern. He's on the mossy oak pro staff and they will do the dip for free.

ding.jpgding2.jpgding3.jpg

On something like that, I think I'd break off any of the cracked finish and use Bondo to make the surface flush again.

My first thought was Bondo or wood epoxy putty as well. But I can't help but wonder if that small amount might change the tone of the guitar ever so slightly.

That guitar has so much paint and dipped plastic camo on it, there is probably no tone to speak of anyway. It likely sounds fine when it's plugged in and amplified, but as a living room (unamplified) guitar, I'd bet it sounds pretty dead. An inch of Bondo on the edge of the body won't change that. ;)