alternate jade Jr. Gent. II fountain pen

Frank Fusco

This is a Jr. Gent. II fountain pen with screw post in Rhodium plating. The material is from our own Ed who gets it from England where it is grown on a very special tree. Technically, he says it is alternate Onyx. But, to me, that doesn't sound very classy. It looks very much like the alternate Jade and that is how I'm going to market it. Wasn't difficult to turn. But drilling requires care to prevent blow-outs at the end. I drilled these by using extra long pieces and cutting to the proper length. One end had to be done on the lathe while chucked up. But, the advantage there was that I ended up with a 'scrap' section long enough for a Patriot. Careful wet sanding through all but the two coarsest grits of Micro Mesh gave it a great sheen. Of course, final polish was with my trusty hunk of wool blanket. It was topped with a caranuba wax and another hit with the wool. I'm very pleased with this material and made it because there is a market demand for things like this. I think it shouts high class and, hopefully, high price.

Attachments

• jade jr. gent 1.jpg
    jade jr. gent 1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 18
  • jade jr. gent 2.jpg
    jade jr. gent 2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 26
Very nice, Frank. Any more info on this "alternate" jade? Acrylic? Whatever it is, I like the looks and I suspect you'll get top dollar for it.