New toy for me

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
My hands can handle about 2 squeezes of a manual caulking gun. So I got an air assist. I have a kitchen remodel underway so this will be very handy!

Attachments

• pg100_thumb.gif
    pg100_thumb.gif
    7.2 KB · Views: 23
Carol, I came this close |--| to getting one of those myself last week. I was killing my hand trying to get asphalt roofing cement out of the tube with a regular caulking gun. (I hate roof repairs anyway, especially when they make me hurt.) Turns out if you cut the tip back far enough to get a big enough hole, it pumps pretty easily...just leaves a bigger bead. For roof repairs the big bead was no problem, but I'll bet for you application it would be.

Carol, I came this close |--| to getting one of those myself last week. I was killing my hand trying to get asphalt roofing cement out of the tube with a regular caulking gun. (I hate roof repairs anyway, especially when they make me hurt.) Turns out if you cut the tip back far enough to get a big enough hole, it pumps pretty easily...just leaves a bigger bead. For roof repairs the big bead was no problem, but I'll bet for you application it would be.

Vaughn you should try just cutting the top off the tube.:thumb:

That Milwaukee is expensive!

Mine is a Caulk Master. Less than $50. This particular model is hard to find. But it was highly rated. Its successor is twice as much money.

Reviewers suggested an in-line regulator right at the gun to adjust for various different viscosities. Turns out I have a mini-regulator salvaged from my old CNC machine. Now I just have to find it. :huh::dunno:

Then it is off to the laundry room to begin the adhesive application for molding and then the gap sealing for a tidy re-do. Will report how it goes. :thumb:

I used to work in a factory that built sleepers for the backs of the large highway rigs, on some of the stations on the assembly line we would shoot a good dozen tubes of sealer a day, we started out with decent quality had guns, broke all of them, then went to good quality hand guns, busted them too, and we finally got the bosses to buy the good quality air guns. With a pressure regulator right on the unit, you could adjust the flow on the fly, and we certainly did, we had to keep a precise amount of sealer flowing, too much, and you spent a lot of time cleaning it up, too little and it would not seal and would fail inspection, big trouble :doh:

The better air guns have a release each time you let go of the trigger, if you don't have this, the always seem to leak or drip a bit of sealant after you let go of the trigger, which, at the very least, is messy. We held on to our own personal guns like they were made from gold, no one could borrow it, not a chance, once you got your gun dialed in, you did not want anyone messing with it.

Tell us how you get along with it Carol! :wave: