OK Tis Friday

Leaving in the early am tomorrow to go spend the weekend with one of our best friends and his family...museums for kids and adults, eating, shopping, eating and then a few cold ones on the deck...looking forward to it too...last couple of weeks have been long.

Got to test out the new belts on the mower and get the mowing done tonight. Probably will be moving boxes of stuff down to the garage for my wife and helping her go through it (official spider killer) to get ready for a garage sale. May get some shop cleaning done on Sunday and even get a cabinet or two built for storage.

Looks like a little paint work in my sons room. Stacey is working so nothing for us to do together :(. Maybe a pen or two?

Installing mobile bases on band saw, T/s, drum sander, and assembly tables. After this....we are totally mobile.

Funny story......real quick....went to HF this morning in Daytona Beach to pick up 3 mobile bases. I couldn't find them, so I grabbed a guy to ask where they were, turned out to be the store manager. He said he always gets asked about them, but couldn't get the warehouse to ship them. Then the teleprompter excuse they always use, the stores never carry everything that is on the website.

So I walked over to the sandpaper aisle and out of the corner of my eye, I spot a stack of about 24 of them lying under the power tool section, so I grabbed 3 of them.

Walked back to the store manager who was speaking to another guy and he noticed me, I told him of the find, not to rub it in his face, but to let him know what the mdse is and where it was.

Turns out the guy he was speaking to was the District manager.....oooops!

And he was not a happy camper. The DM kept apologizing and I told him I used to be with Lowes and opened about 20 stores for them, and you can't memorize everything!

Trying to save the Sm's butt!

Any-who, sorry for the hijack....just wanted to share the story. Trust no one.....just your own eyes I guess

Too wet to mow - still have standing water in parts of the yard - so I'll be trying to weed out some beds, and get the twelve yards of mulch out of the driveway and into the beds and around some of the trees.

Probably gonna need at least another ten yards before I'm through...

The counter top is being installed on Wednesday! I have some trip work to do and hardware to mount. Promise - pictures galore are on the way.

Mostly yard work. Clean up all the fallen branches and get some fertilizer down. My wife wants a vegetable garden this year so I guess some roto-tilling is in the plans as well. Need to order 3 or 4 yards of crushed rock to put around the back deck and bulkhead.
Monday I have to go to Vermont and hang 2 screen doors for my daughter.

Ordered a Delta T2 fence for my tablesaw Monday evening and it was waiting on my porch at lunch today. 3 1/2 days from CT to NE! Toolsplus has great service! :thumb::thumb: Anyway I'll start planning the installation for that.

woke up and it was 70 degrees and sunny.
took the cover off the convertable and went for a 3 hour drive out along the ocean. Other than that, maybe take a nap, and finish sanding the bar Im working on. Maybe take 2 naps.

Glenn and I are making and installing a new wood storage rack. This will free up some space so the entire shop is going to be reorganized.

There are more details in Off Topic under the heading (well I'll be darned. I cannot think of the heading*. It was something like, "Having just seen The Scotsman-For Larry and His Kilt"). If you have not seen the Larry one, BE SURE YOU DO.

*Just read my by-line. Don't get old--- your brains leak out.

Oh well, Enjoy anyway,

Jim

I will be continuing my drudgery as an indentured servant helping dear old dad build a dividing wall / lumber rack in his shop. This is part of a re-org that should yield dad quite a bit better workflow in his digs. My pending and in-progress projects will have to wait. Maybe I should make him come up to my shop and sand something ;-)

P.s. Wow, great minds (leaky or not) and all that. Dad and I were posting at same time ;-)

well got a grand daughter here and we had to make abunch of cup cakes this am for a baby shower tommrrow which i have to baby sit the daughters FIL:eek:
so i just got out of the kitchen and am gettin some shop time but wont have much tommrrow:( FIL doesnt get hands dirty or do anything strenous.. couch potatoe!!!!:huh::huh: so say a few hail marys for me:rofl::rofl:

Tomorrow I will be helping my BIL demo his kitchen. I hear rumors I will be fed for my effort :thumb:

I need to get off my duff and get started on the yard. It's been raining too much to mow . . .

Jim