Massive timber vases

Robert:

Here is a photo of Vince when he went with us into the jungle looking for Snakewood. He was here a few days and to say the least was interesting to talk with. I had just gotten back from Guyana and talked to people there about a foreigner out in the jungle looking for special wood. A couple of days after I got home he was at my door here in Iquitos and turned out to be the same person.

Attachments

• Vince.JPG
    Vince.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 38
Robert:

Here is a photo of Vince when he went with us into the jungle looking for Snakewood. He was here a few days and to say the least was interesting to talk with. I had just gotten back from Guyana and talked to people there about a foreigner out in the jungle looking for special wood. A couple of days after I got home he was at my door here in Iquitos and turned out to be the same person.
Hi Jim,
Thank you for adding that fascinating side note. I'll bet your life story when put in print is quite interesting too. Where is Iquitos?
I have seen snakewood and admit, Vince was chasing a golden hare.
I'm sure he found you a pleasure to visit with. Thanks again for sharing this interesting coincident. :wave: See ya,
Shaz
P.S. If I got into turning I would go toward the big stuff too.:D :D :D

Last edited:
Robert asked, "Where is Iquitos?"
Robert, if you Google Earth for Iquitos, just zoom in and move the center of the picture towards the big river (Amazon). You will see a wharehouse and shop yard, keep zooming and there will be Jim, looking up and smiling and waving. :thumb:

Hi Frank,
Thanks for that input, I went there, actually it seems to be in Peru, near the big river(Amazon). I do think I saw Jim waving near a warehouse surronded by what looked like broccoli. Broccoli everywhere.:rofl:
Shaz :wave:

Cool stuff Shaz, and neat sidebar, Jim.

BTW, I moved this thread over to the Lathe Project Showcase area, since it seems like a good fit. ;)