Clipboard

Ned Bulken

clipboard.jpg

made this awhile back, but never had a digi camera until recently. I was pawing through my storage unit, and thought I might share a photo of it.

maple with cherry accent stripes. The board is about 3/8" thick. hardware from Rockler.

thankee,
about a year ago I was thinking of projects I could build and sell to some of my drivers. I thought that a nice clipboard would be something they might like, that was a prototype.
Hi Ned, :wave:
Thats real nice looking. Thanks for the photo. How did that business venture go?
Shaz
P.S. By the way, are you being covered with those serious snows?

Shaz,
just about the time I was 'tooling up' I changed employers, and my partner and I shut down our shared shop space. I never got past making a couple of these, and this was one I kept for myself. I've got a few good ideas to spice them up and/or make them useful for drivers. Just need a place to keep the snew off of my tools.

as for the snow, it has calmed down quite a bit. My buddy Grizzz (everyone knows him by that, and even his wife calls him that) lives up in the serious snow zone, but when I was there last night it had all pretty well compacted down to manageable piles. There were some spectacular mounds of it at commercial properties. And pulling out at a driveway or a corner takes caution, but in the end it is just something to cope with.

you can't see it clearly, but I found that the small screws which came with the clip require at least 1/2" thick stock. There is a tiny 1/8" thick piece of maple under the clip on that board so the screws wouldn't poke through the back of the board.

Shaz,
I've got a few good ideas to spice them up and/or make them useful for drivers. This sound like a good idea, modifiy to suit their situation, whatever that is , storage, size, ease of use while careening down the highway on automatic pilot listening to Willie Nelson's "Red headed Stranger",:eek: "American Pie", or "Give me 80 acres and I'll turn this rig around" :D :rofl: :rofl: . What are your spice up ideas, feel free to keep them to your self, designer privledge:) . Some folks have made a living with one idea that they made, modified, pushed to the limit of design,come to realize they could go farther, same product new insight and off they go again.:type:
Why I remember when I first invented the pencil, on a lathe, I thought I was something, with this round, sharp stick, until I realized "Hey" If I can put lead in the center of this :eek: I could use it as a marking tool!! That is when I invented the self centering,long sleeve boring jig!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And so it goes..;) Good Luck!
as for the snow, it has calmed down quite a bit. My buddy Grizzz (everyone knows him by that, and even his wife calls him that) lives up in the serious snow zone, but when I was there last night it had all pretty well compacted down to manageable piles. There were some spectacular mounds of it at commercial properties. And pulling out at a driveway or a corner takes caution, but in the end it is just something to cope with.
Hi Ned, Enjoy it.
We will see none of it in Houston :( ...
Frustrated Ski Instructor.
Shaz

made this awhile back, but never had a digi camera until recently. I was pawing through my storage unit, and thought I might share a photo of it.

maple with cherry accent stripes. The board is about 3/8" thick. hardware from Rockler.
Ned,

I use a clipboard every day at work - and I've been meaning to make my own for a couple of years. Thanks for the inspiration!.