small bowl- Big boost!

Jeff Horton

This helped my confidence. Which has been almost none existent lately. Quick history. I turned avidly a few years ago. Moved, lost shop space and gave it up. New house, new Lab, new lathe. No joy, nothing but problems turning. Pretty much just disgusted and haven't done much in a while.

Been itching to try again but ...... finally gave in yesterday. Wanted to make something for a neighbors Birthday today. Plus she just has surgery for breast cancer and is starting Chemo treatments Monday. :(

So I worked on this and it actually turned out decent. No obvious problems. Expect the foot, which I need to sand on some more. Made me feel good and willing to try turning something else.

bowl1.jpg bowl2.jpg

looks like you got back on

the horse that kicked you just fine.. and for the fella that had quit for 30 yrs and came back well there's hope for me to then. nice bowl jeff and looks to be cherry.

That sure looks like a great job to me Jeff? What do you turner folks use for a finish on these bowls and what are some of the uses for the different size bowls?

DT

Wanted to make something for a neighbors Birthday today. Plus she just has surgery for breast cancer and is starting Chemo treatments Monday. :(

Jeff, the bowl is lovely, but it seems that everyone has sorta skipped over the reason for it. Giving to your neighbor is such a beautiful thing to do, and she will be added to my prayers for a complete recovery. Bless you for being such a loving and giving neighbor.

Nancy

Thanks Nancy. She will appreciate those prayers.

She threw herself a Birthday/head shaving party yesterday. :) Said she couldn't control anything about her cancer. But she could control when she lost her hair. So she had a mutual friend of ours come in with the clippers and in front of everyone had her head shaved! :rofl: Got to admire a women that can do that!!

Jeff

The sad thing is Bernie, I used to turn some nice looking bowls! Obviously the skills do fade when you don't use them. Jeff

I think that turning is one of those skills like golf, martial arts, and archery, etc. that you must do constantly to remain proficiant. My .02