there are good people

Frank Fusco

I received a letter and substantial check in the mail today. Pleasant surprise. :D
The check and letter were from the art gallery that carries and sells my work.
There was a burglary at the gallery and my display case was broken into and most of the contents stolen. :mad:
My contract exempts the gallery from such losses. But the management accepted responsibility and sent me payment as though the items had been sold.
Good peoples and I am grateful.
And, maybe the Spirit of the Christmas season is at work also. :)
And, maybe old Jolly had a hand in things. :santa:

The Downside:
--------------
The gallery was broken into. That bites.

The Upside:
-----------
The gallery owner did the right thing despite the contractual agreement.
You got a bit if extra Christmas money.
The thief liked your work enough to steal it.

The Downside:
--------------
The gallery was broken into. That bites.

The Upside:
-----------
The gallery owner did the right thing despite the contractual agreement.
You got a bit if extra Christmas money.
The thief liked your work enough to steal it.

I guess I am flattered. Mine was the only case broken into and robbed. But that kind of flattery from a crook just doesn't feel right.
But, I am flattered by the fact when my former art gallery had to shut down due to a lease situation this one called me and asked to take over my work. Like I would have said "no"?
Still I would rather folks bought my work because they liked it enough to actually put out money for it. Now, that is flattering.

I trully beleve there are a lot more good folks in the world then the bad, just the bad get all the press so that's what we here about.;) .:thumb:

Boy do i 100% agree with you Stephen. The odds just have to be that way or we would all be part of a movie something of the likes of Mad Max.:D

Frank you know who says it what goes round comes round so you been paying it forward and now its your turn. :thumb: You should give the gallery a plug here. Its high time we mentioned the good and called out the bad. Good guys need all the help they can get. They not only battling an economy they also battling the bad guys that cheat all the time.:)

Hi,

I'm not sure why, however reading this reminds me of a saying I heard way back in my youth---Grade school days.

Cheaters don't always win, but they stand a better chance.

At least your Cheaters / Thieves have good taste. Maybe we can get them to eat in jail.

With that, I better sign off.

Enjoy,
Jim

Boy do i 100% agree with you Stephen. The odds just have to be that way or we would all be part of a movie something of the likes of Mad Max.:D

Frank you know who says it what goes round comes round so you been paying it forward and now its your turn. :thumb: You should give the gallery a plug here. Its high time we mentioned the good and called out the bad. Good guys need all the help they can get. They not only battling an economy they also battling the bad guys that cheat all the time.:)

Do not wish to reveal for selfish/stingy/protectionist reasons. It is a unique situation I don't want a lot of others trying to get in.