ANy Chrome experts ?

Garry Foster

So I have been using Chrome for sometime and it has worked great. However recently any time I am on this or a couple of other forums and click on a picture or a next page it takes forever. Sometimes I even have to reload to get there. Anyone know of a setting that I can change to fix this. I had changed some of the "under the hood settings" and pretty well got this issue to go away but with the latest version it doesn't seem that anything will help..

Any Google Chrome Experts that can shed some light on this.. hate to go back to firefox...

Garry

Honestly I have that same issue in FF at times. Haven't figured out the fix, but would be interested in knowing if you come up with one.

EDIT: Might not help, but seen several messages about updating flash and shockwave after an upgrade of Chrome. Also, there are some tools to help with problem url's by going to the address line and typing in "about:about" (no quotes) then go to the net-internals link. Under the plug-ins link there are some options to disable plug-ins. May try disabling them one at a time to see if one is causing the issue.

Last edited:
I use Linux and on my laptop my graphics card is not supported by linux. My computer is a business computer that has some very proprietary stinky hardware on it. So my computer has a very hard time with flash. This is also a linux issue. Anyway...

Yep, graphics that are based on flash give me slow results. This may just be an issue between flash and your computer graphics card where updating flash may help.

That's about all the 'help' I can add. Sorry. Try updating to latest flash to see if that helps. Then in that doesn't work, try rolling back a version or two on flash to see if that helps.

Brian

Well this computer is Linux but I also have problems with my netbook on XP using Chrome. I suspect it has to do with all the data Google is collecting. The problem is usually only loading pictures or going to the next page of a thread. And it isn't every time but often and when its bad it stays bad it seems..

Then all at once it will snap and you think you found a fix then it's back. And seems to get worse with every new version of Chrome....

Oh well I guess I get what I paid for....

I tried using Chrome, actually still have it loaded on the computer and use it for some sites that give me trouble. I had a little trouble with it, but then I put on my aluminum foil hat and viola! it worked even better! Google was unable to slow my computer down by using it to read my mind and take over my life! (honest, I do have a life, just lost it on a shelf in the garage somewhere...)

I like to use the heavy duty aluminum foil. It works great against Google, works awesome against Microsoftly, but you've got to double it up if you're worried about them there aliens and black helicopters.

On another note: the only other thing I could think of is that your firewall may be not letting something through that Chrome wants/needs so it kinda gets a brainfart for a second??:dunno:

Sorry couldn't be any more help.

Brian