Friday snuck up again

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
Pretty soon Don will be alerting us to the number of days before Christmas!

Doing my usual working on the CNC cabinet at the lab. And the regular day job the rest of the weekend. Glad Roger is doing well and that Dave had positive test results. Generally, just happy my 'guys' are doing well. I love family!

Small farm work and some Dirty
Jobs in prep for a little road trip coming up. As a diversion, we've got a bit of a craving for some of that lobster poutine at Hall's Harbour Lobster Pound, maybe this evening or tomorrow :)

Spent a fair amount of the day, until it got kinda hot, working on some canisters for a lady. Turning them out of elm. And, will continue on them over the weekend. Have them to get done as well as several cake stands and all the hackberry bowls I can turn. Those are all the custom orders I have going at the second. And, in the summer time that is enough seeing I also have my annual fall fair I do to get ready for. Seems far off, but mid-November is really just around the corner.

Sprayed tinted shellac on the grille I made for the new-to-her Edison LU 37 Diamond Disc Phonograph LOML acquired. Final rubout Saturday, then glue fabric on the inside of the grille. Photos coming in a seperate post.

A bit of shop cleanup on Saturday along with some lawn work.

Sunday will be our usual: I'll prepare brunch, then chill out and watch some golf until the Sonoma race starts.

Nothing real exciting going on here this weekend.

I went to a concert at the zoo tonight to see a local blues/rock guitarist named Ryan McGarvey. It was a great show. Our zoo does a summer concert series at their outdoor amphitheater. It has lawn seating for three thousand or so people. I had friends who got there early and saved me a space on the front row. :thumb: Ryan's in his late 20s, and having a great career so far. He's been on an upward trajectory since about 2010 when Eric Clapton picked him out of several thousand other guitarists in a contest to play the Crossroads Festival. These days, he spends most of his time touring overseas, so it's a treat to see him come here and play to his home crowd. His bass player tonight was Carmine Rojas, who's played with people like Rod Stewart, David Bowie, Tina Turner, Stevie Wonder, and most recently Joe Bonamassa. Ryan's a nice kid, too. We're casual acquaintances...I run into him from time to time at the supermarket. He stays at his parent's house when he's in town, and they live nearby.

Saturday LOML is working and I'm not (for a change), so I'll mostly be working on the Honey-Do list. Ialso need to put in some guitar time to start learning a bunch of material for a new musical project I'm going to start playing with (in addition to my main band).

Sunday will mostly be spent hanging around with LOML. We're planning to go to an arts and crafts fair, and after that we'll just make it up as we go. :)

Making an arts and crafts clock for a family who wants it for a wedding present for a relative.
Tonight is our Lions Club annual installation of officers and dinner. I'm being installed as 3rd Vice President. Besides weddings and funerals it's the only other event I need to wear a suit:(
Sunday, church then shop time.

Not much happening here as far as woodworking goes. Had my partial knee replacement surgery last Thursday, the 16th, so a lot of downtime. Physical therapy exercises are going really well, I'm somewhere in the 90th percentile for recovery of this type surgery and I am able to bend my knee to 100 degrees which I understand is not very common one week removed from surgery. I ditched my walker for a cane after about three days, just decide that was a relationship that just wasn't going to work out and we should just end it sooner than later. I can get around pretty well without the cane but it just looks so cool to carry it around. My wife is balking at the idea of me taking up pipe smoking, which I think would be a great look to compliment the cane but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt on that one. I've always had a high tolerance for pain but I still need the occasional Percocet to get me through the night. I do have a ways to go, total recovery is about ten weeks, but I'm pretty happy with my progress so far. Aside from that my wife and I are making progress on trying to purchase a little quarter acre lot that borders the back of our yard. If that works out the plan is to eventually build a three car garage with an apartment above. I'm really coveting that shop space right now, hope it all comes together quickly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nothing special this weekend either... Yesterday was my usual Saturday at the Farmer's market... Probably should have followed my first instinct and stayed home.... I had new brakes put on the truck earlier in the week, then my step son came home and used the truck and complained that the brake pedal was mushy... it was very mushy... Friday took it back to let the mechanic look at it and my master cylinder was going out... but I used the truck anyway to go into Knoxville.... just planned my stops well in advance... the market was a total bust for the first time in a long time... lots of lookers, lots of "sure is pretty", but no takers.
Today is kick back until later this afternoon and then I'll finish mowing the lawn that I started on Thursday before the lawn mower crapped out... switch on the power take off lever went out so I couldn't engage the blades and the tractor would die every time I tried to engage the PTo... That's fixed now, so I can finish...

Went to the Madras Oregon rock and gem show for the first time yesterday, it's pretty close and after having lived here for ten plus years it seemed worthwhile to check it out anyway. No I'm not getting into another hobbey but I did pick up a few small slabs for a potential wood working project than I need to figure out how to polish up a little... Definitely not picking up another hobbey though.

Currently doing a batch of bourbon maple glaze smoked chickens for the homebrew club meeting this afternoon. Yep definitely do not need another hobbey.