Way Off Topic

Paul Douglass

Does anyone follow bull riding? I have always been a big fan.

The bulls are getting meaner, bigger and smarter. Last night, the world championships, a bull named Bushwacker was up for his last performance before being retired. He was a long shot to be bull of the year for the third time. Only one other bull has won it three times. Bushwacker came out, absolutely drove the rider into the ground in about two seconds and then trotted back to the shoots (sp) like it was nothing. He won. No question. It was great!!

Does anyone follow bull riding? I have always been a big fan.

The bulls are getting meaner, bigger and smarter. Last night, the world championships, a bull named Bushwacker was up for his last performance before being retired. He was a long shot to be bull of the year for the third time. Only one other bull has won it three times. Bushwacker came out, absolutely drove the rider into the ground in about two seconds and then trotted back to the shoots (sp) like it was nothing. He won. No question. It was great!!

I watch on occasion when nothing else interests me on TV... I've seen Bushwacker work a few times... after a few years on the circuits, the bulls almost become "trained" to do their thing and then go to the gate.... I have noticed that the riders are being a little more safety conscious lately, with helmets and padded jackets to protect their chests.... In my youth many years back, my home town had a rodeo every year around the 4th of July... we had a lot of big name riders come in for the rodeo and a few rank bulls... being a small town rodeo, a lot of the locals would actually sit along the fence inside the arena... we had one bull that would clear that area after his session... he would toss anyone he could catch over the fence and actually tossed one man over into the stands and killed him. He was back the next year and caught one of the clowns at the far end of the arena half-way up the fence and tossed him over into a rather large lady's lap... probably saved him from getting hurt.

Last edited: